Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2014

Concept »

The eleventh PAX Prime took place August 29-September 1, 2014 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

Games Journalism Hunger Games

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As Jeff and Dan as our tributes, the other sites should not hold out any hope of victory.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/games-journalism-hunger-games-pax-trailer/2300-6421003/

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Blackout62

Are Jeff and Dan going to have to pretend to be in love to subvert the rules of the games and allow both of them to survive only for Dan to reveal halfway through that he really loves Jeff and then they have to threaten to poison each other unless they both win?

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

May the odds be ever in their favor.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I honestly have no idea what this panel is supposed to be.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Every year the Game Journalist* clique gets a little weirder. At this point they could probably all operate out of the same building with little to no change.

*Not guaranteed to actually be journalists

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@hailinel said:

I honestly have no idea what this panel is supposed to be.

It's a tournament between these websites in couch multiplayer games. Each site has a two man team.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cooljammer00

If Dan were running the show, he'd have referred to it as some sort of Tag Team Tournament.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

seems like a fun idea for an event

I think Jeff and Dan should do pretty well.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi
    @cooljammer00 said:

If Dan were running the show, he'd have referred to it as some sort of Tag Team Tournament.

A Tekken Tag Tournament?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: That's disappointing. It seems like a waste of panel time to devote more than one slot to industry insiders playing games against each other. (See also: PAX Rumble)

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Jeff and Dan going to have to pretend to be in love to subvert the rules of the games and allow both of them to survive only for Dan to reveal halfway through that he really loves Jeff and then they have to threaten to poison each other unless they both win?

This is the worst slash fiction I've ever seen.

JJRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 30

What game is that with the red dude fighting the blue dude?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta

@hailinel said:

@ll_exile_ll: That's disappointing. It seems like a waste of panel time to devote more than one slot to industry insiders playing games against each other. (See also: PAX Rumble)

There's a lot of wasted panel time in any given PAX though?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm rooting for awesome Mary because Dan is the WORST winner.

We'll have to hear about it for years!

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I'm rooting for awesome Mary because Dan is the WORST winner.

We'll have to hear about it for years!

Mary is the hero we deserve and need.

JJRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 30

@manhattan_project:

Thank you! I missed a lot of UPFs earlier this year.. I guess it's time to start catching up.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By OldGuy

Hrmmm... I did a cursory search and don't seem to find a stream or archive or whatever documenting the supposed ineptitude of the Irishman (hi @dannyodwyer) who (after an entire life of following the World Cup) ought to know how double elimination works...

Please make me look stupid and point me at a replay of the Hunger Games that I missed because I need to eat and have a place to sleep...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

Hrmmm... I did a cursory search and don't seem to find a stream or archive or whatever documenting the supposed ineptitude of the Irishman (hi @dannyodwyer) who (after an entire life of following the World Cup) ought to know how double elimination works...

Please make me look stupid and point me at a replay of the Hunger Games that I missed because I need to eat and have a place to sleep...

Danny mentioned during his Half Life stream that the archive will go up on Gamespot monday or tuesday.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

Danny mentioned during his Half Life stream that the archive will go up on Gamespot monday or tuesday.

Woo! Thank you... I must have missed that -- as I've only seen about 10-15 hours of that stream... :-)

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe IGN/ Greg Miler won.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InternetDotCom

:(

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh darnit. Wanted to see how Jeff and Dan did even though I know Dan lost in Towerfall...but they only lost once!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 splodge  Online

Awww... :( I know pax is not really supposed to be a big conference like E3, and it is more a good time for the folk that usually work through those things, but I think it would behoove the organisers next year to have a proper streaming set up available so those who don't attend can see the events. Its 2014 folks. Every nerd and his mother can stream from their phones. And if you are capable of running a 24 hour gauntlet bonanza that could only ever be greeted with utter indifference, you might as well give the folks at home something fun to watch.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: I think it is more about internet capabilities in the rooms of some of these convention centers.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@splodge said:

Awww... :( I know pax is not really supposed to be a big conference like E3, and it is more a good time for the folk that usually work through those things, but I think it would behoove the organisers next year to have a proper streaming set up available so those who don't attend can see the events. Its 2014 folks. Every nerd and his mother can stream from their phones. And if you are capable of running a 24 hour gauntlet bonanza that could only ever be greeted with utter indifference, you might as well give the folks at home something fun to watch.

There is. They have a couple of Twitch pages. However, not all of the rooms or whatever have internet access. That's why not all of the panels have a stream.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By liako21

Damn, so this might be lost forever?

ossuary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Surely someone must have been filming this? Stupid conventions and their stupid not enough internet. :p

Avatar image for arrested_developer
    Arrested_Developer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, was counting on this on holding me over till they posted the GB pax panel. MEIN LEBEN!!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: I think it is more about internet capabilities in the rooms of some of these convention centers.

It's not necessarily the fault of the convention center. This panel was held in the Sheraton hotel, which housed multiple theaters this year. It's generally convenient as a theater location because its theater spaces are much larger than those available in the convention center itself and it's right down the street from the WSCC, but it unfortunately has its limitations.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still feels odd that PAX seems to call every tiny ass panel room a 'theater' xD

The only reason it kinda irks me that they don't have streams, is that you have to win the damn lottery to get a badge at this point, or take off work to camp the website.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 splodge  Online

@hailinel said:

@gorillamopena said:

It's not necessarily the fault of the convention center. This panel was held in the Sheraton hotel, which housed multiple theaters this year. It's generally convenient as a theater location because its theater spaces are much larger than those available in the convention center itself and it's right down the street from the WSCC, but it unfortunately has its limitations.

You know what it is? I am jealous. There's no way I can attend PAX but it seems like the most god damned fun ever. I just want to see everything that happens there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.