Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2015

Concept »

The twelfth PAX Prime took place August 28-31, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

Is it already sold out?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I can't find info online is it sold out if so when does 2016 go on sale?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I highly doubt the page is up yet. Seems too early.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sagesebas
    GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GeneralZod37

Tickets usually go on sale about 5 months before the show. But always after PAXeast.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And three day passes will sell out in about 5 minutes, or less

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673: Do you know what day of pax prime gb usually has there panel? I wanna see them but I might not be able to get all 4 days off from work

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sagesebas: I think Saturday night, but it's really up to the event organizers.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagesebas: It'll either be friday or saturday. Typically the panels have been Saturday, but the last one at South was on a Friday, so who knows?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673: thanks the way my work does vacations is sun to sat so I'd have to take two weeks to get all 4 days

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Last year tickets for PAX Prime went up late May IIRC. We still got some time.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do they announce when they are going to put tickets up on sale? I swear I only find out that PAX Prime tickets went on sale after they sell out.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: robert khoo announces then on twitter. Follow the official PAX twitter account.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13 chaser324  Moderator
    nycnewyork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it went on sale, and its sold out

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The way PAX does tickets is the literal worst I've ever seen a vendor do tickets.

nycnewyork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: would you rather do it the way comicon does it? aka random selection

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: would you rather do it the way comicon does it? aka random selection

I would rather they announce the date and time that the tickets will be available, and then also release them in waves instead of the laughable way that they currently do it. Here is the last tweet from their twitter account before today:

And then they post today that they're on sale with literally no warning and they sell out in minutes, so if you wanted tickets then I hope you happened to have been checking twitter in the 10 minute window that they were available that you had no idea was happening.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#18 Marino  Staff

@ajamafalous: Announcing the sale date/time would only make it worse. And they would sell out in minutes anyway. There's literally no "good" way to do it. So, from their perspective, launching it and announcing it on Twitter is the only fair way to do it.

If you set up proper alerts, you'll know when it goes live. The tweet generally goes out with the link before the actual site updates.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino said:

@ajamafalous: Announcing the sale date/time would only make it worse. And they would sell out in minutes anyway. There's literally no "good" way to do it. So, from their perspective, launching it and announcing it on Twitter is the only fair way to do it.

If you set up proper alerts, you'll know when it goes live. The tweet generally goes out with the link before the actual site updates.

I just simply disagree. I'll use Valve's TI5 ticket sales as an example. They announced the date and time that tickets would go on sale (in two waves, 10am and 10pm on the same day) a week or two in advance; then it's simply up to you to be ready to get the tickets. I didn't get tickets during either wave even though I tried for both, but I simply wasn't fast enough. At no point did I feel fucked over due to a lack of communication or warning like I did for PAX tickets.

I have no problem with tickets selling out in minutes; they're going to do that anyway just because more people want to go than tickets that are available. I do have a problem with not even being offered the chance to go out of my way to buy tickets. It's far more fair to give everyone a heads up and then give tickets to whoever refreshes the page the fastest than "hope you were looking at twitter and are near reliable internet at this exact moment."

Don't even get me started on "later in May" apparently meaning "before the first 25% of May is over."

MeesterO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To those who were able to see the page before all the tickets sold out, did they eliminate the four day pass this year? Or was there a special early bird option that disappeared before they sold out. Just curious since they upped the single day passes again this year.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meestero said:

To those who were able to see the page before all the tickets sold out, did they eliminate the four day pass this year? Or was there a special early bird option that disappeared before they sold out. Just curious since they upped the single day passes again this year.

No 4-day passes this year.

Pauper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I set up Twitter to send me a text and notification once they tweet something and that worked to get me Fri, Sat, Sunday badges. I didn't see an option for anything other than individual days.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pauper: no multi-day passes this year.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By effache

I checked their website just five days ago, saw the afformentioned tweet and assumed I was still safe. Gonna go on the record here as agreeing that this is some fucked shit

In addition, how do they expect people to get these tickets that have actual jobs where they do not have constant computer availability.

Pauper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pauper
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@effache said:

In addition, how do they expect people to get these tickets that have actual jobs where they do not have constant computer availability.

A ton of automated notifications and a redundant Paul Revere inspired ticket alert network of friends.

@ajamafalous said:

Don't even get me started on "later in May" apparently meaning "before the first 25% of May is over."

I feel like the ambiguity and lack of punctuation in that "later in May" sentence was Khoo intentionally messing with people. He posted it at the end of April, so technically May 1 was "later, in May".

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rush and trickery associated with the release of PAX tickets should feel like pretty old hat to anyone who has gone through this process before.

You can't pre-announce the ticket sale date because scalping for the event has grown so pervasive. The 4-pass limit doesn't stop anyone who is rerolling IP addresses or using different payment options. The event holders have to release them this way to catch those individuals off-guard. But they communicate this fact repeatedly with the intent of preparing all prospective buyers for the sudden registration opening. The onus is on the buyer to be ready.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlueFalcon

I got back from lunch at work and saw they were on sale. I barely managed to get two Monday passes. I'll be going to craigslist once again for Saturday and Sunday passes. Sadly no Friday pass for me this year. I'll be out of state playing Army that day :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can buy tickets from scalpers when you get there, it's legal in Seattle. Extra tickets are everywhere.

bzchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bzchan

Tickets this year unlike last were insane to try and get, but it seems lots of people are selling online. The quantities that some of these "sellers" have is insane. I didn't want to risk dealing with scalpers, so eBay was how I got my tickets. Now to pray they are legitimate, my blacklight is ready!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bzchan: if you have a blacklight why are you worried about a scalper?

bzchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bzchan

@kenobi said:

@bzchan: if you have a blacklight why are you worried about a scalper?

I just don't like those type of transactions. I always feel uncomfortable in haggling situations. It's not that I lack the communication skills, I just would rather avoid any unnecessary anxiety that's associated with those encounters.

Plus my blacklight isn't battery powered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.