Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Payday 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 13, 2013

Team up with three other masked heisters and take on a new epic crime spree in the sequel to Overkill's original crime-themed first-person shooter.

Anyone still playing?

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are any duders still playing this? Finally got a competent PC to run games and had this on my radar back when it came out. Is the community as a whole still active or has it phased out?

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have friends that play this game. I think you shouldn't have too much trouble finding matches, although I think you'd be lucky at this point to find someone who doesn't know every heist variation pretty well by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

According to this site the community is still pretty active.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

I JUST deleted this off my PS3's hard drive. It looks and plays like complete shit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I sure as hell ain't. Man, such a disappointment...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Yep jumped back into this game and am having a ball with it. I've played both the ps3 and pc version of this game recently and by far PC is where to be since it has all the latest updates and dlc. I'm actually quite surprised they've added a new difficulty setting to the game (Death Wish) and newer enemy types (cloaker) since I last played a few months back. One thing I'd probably like to see is a bigger payday whether be in points or money by stealthing missions. Reading through the newest steam achievements it seems like they're trying to give a bigger emphasis on surviving the waves of enemies on harder difficulties rather than sneaking and not get caught (the perfect heist). I read in one of the newer developer blog posts on steam they were going to be adding some more updates to improve the stealth of the game on the harder difficulties. The community for payday 2 is pretty sizable and probably got an increase with the latest update / sale that occurred two weekends ago. I've never had trouble starting up a game or finding people to play with.

@the_drizzle If you're looking for another duder to play with my steam ID is the same on here.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By korwin

I JUST deleted this off my PS3's hard drive. It looks and plays like complete shit.

It's very much a PC game, plays great there.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

@awesomeusername said:

It's very much a PC game, plays great there.

Sad but true, this game is terrible on ps3 cause almost nobody uses their headsets or communication device to communicate. At most the missions just devolve into protect this area till the van arrives type deal. I've never successfully stealthed a mission with others on the ps3.

Avatar image for meatdimensionfighter
    meatdimensionfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still play it multiple times a week.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

If anybody has any thoughts of playing Payday 2 it's currently free over the weekend on steam. The latest Election Day Update patch corrects some of the wonkiness that occurs with the stealth mechanics. So far from what I've seen it now allows you to purchase more body bags as an asset, giving you the ability to dispose of more dead bodies that might be out in the open where civilians might see it. You can also move hostages out of the open and into a more secure location preventing them to be in the crossfire with the police or away from doors where they can be easily rescued. They've given everybody the smooth talker ability and the ability to answer 4 pagers which will lessen the randomness of getting caught on pagers / phones by the operators. Last big edition has got to be the spotter tech ability which replace the smooth talker one. This ability gives players the ability to see every guard highlight for a certain amount of time which can kinda give you a head count of how many guards you should be avoiding. The election mission in itself is more on the lines with all other find the item and hunker down till assault is over missions. To be honest It seems reasonably fun if you try and stealth it if you have that type of patience and are probably decently leveled. Stealth isn't always the greatest in the game but glad to see they are making it a bigger emphasis with this patch compared to the last one.

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this game, playing it weekly on PC

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played it for a couple months now. Last I heard, they made some controversial changes to how stealth works and the Ghost perks. Haven't tried the Election Day, Shadow Raid, and Big Bank heists because I can't be arsed to learn the new stealth changes. Also I probably won't be touching the game until all the DLC is on sale. I bought the LMG gun update when it came out. Not worth the full price. So until they slash prices on all their Gage weapon packs by like 75%, I probably won't be playing it any time soon.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play it all the time on PC. Awesome game, I can always find matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.