Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Payday 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 13, 2013

Team up with three other masked heisters and take on a new epic crime spree in the sequel to Overkill's original crime-themed first-person shooter.

Payday 2 - Impressions thread (Give Your Thoughts)

• 108 results
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@methodman008: I don't know how you could love the co-op in Syndicate and not love this. Pretty different games but their gunplay is fairly similar. Payday 2's levelling and skills system is far more interesting than the one in Syndicate, also.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Man, one of the worse fucking missions in this game is Big Oil. I swear its going to piss alot of you guys off. I don't know what the fuck overkill was thinking, here's what happen...

On the first day you have to gather some intel, which can be useful for the second mission, but if you get caught the guards will burn it and make the second mission harder. On the 2nd day you have to infiltrate this mansion. Basically you have to sneak around to unlock a secret lab, if you get caught all hell will break loose.

I shit you not when I mean ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE! There's so many fucking cops you will think the game was broken, and if that wasn't bad enough. Once you get to the lab you have to figure out this fucked up puzzle. You have to steal one of these engines and there's alot of them. In order to find the right one you have to look for clues, but the game doesn't give you a good idea of what your suppose to do.

Then once you've pick up an engine you'll move slower then a turtle. Slow as fuck while your getting blasted at by the police. Once you've taken the engine to the drop off area. You'll be all out in the open and get shot from everywhere, and if you didn't select the right engine well guess what. You have to go right back in the last circle of hell to go get it.

I haven't completed this mission yet, and I decided to look online to figure out the right engine. Then I came across this..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169756908#128680

Complete bullshit, who in the fuck would have known that? I know Overkill wanted abit of variety of objectives, but damn. I was left feeling confused and pissed off. Especially when I used stealth for the mission, but sense I had to take the engine to the helicopter. The alarm will just trigger automatically because of the helicopter, just a stupid fucking mission.

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

I've been really digging it on the 360, there seems to be a decent amount of people on there, and most people seem cool. Although trying to play without a mic becomes downright frustrating. The lack of 'how to play' section can be frustrating.

but the unlocks system is downright annoying. I think they over estimated how long this is going to remain popular - the fact that you need to not just unlock the ability to have that perk, but then you have to pay for it too? Not to mention how stupidly expensive the guns are.

Also, their big claim of "over 2.5million customisation combinations" is one i hate hearing. I've played about 20-ish game and i've not go enough customise my masks

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Man, one of the worse fucking missions in this game is Big Oil. I swear its going to piss alot of you guys off. I don't know what the fuck overkill was thinking, here's what happen...

On the first day you have to gather some intel, which can be useful for the second mission, but if you get caught the guards will burn it and make the second mission harder. On the 2nd day you have to infiltrate this mansion. Basically you have to sneak around to unlock a secret lab, if you get caught all hell will break loose.

I shit you not when I mean ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE! There's so many fucking cops you will think the game was broken, and if that wasn't bad enough. Once you get to the lab you have to figure out this fucked up puzzle. You have to steal one of these engines and there's alot of them. In order to find the right one you have to look for clues, but the game doesn't give you a good idea of what your suppose to do.

Then once you've pick up an engine you'll move slower then a turtle. Slow as fuck while your getting blasted at by the police. Once you've taken the engine to the drop off area. You'll be all out in the open and get shot from everywhere, and if you didn't select the right engine well guess what. You have to go right back in the last circle of hell to go get it.

I haven't completed this mission yet, and I decided to look online to figure out the right engine. Then I came across this..

Complete bullshit, who in the fuck would have known that? I know Overkill wanted abit of variety of objectives, but damn. I was left feeling confused and pissed off. Especially when I used stealth for the mission, but sense I had to take the engine to the helicopter. The alarm will just trigger automatically because of the helicopter, just a stupid fucking mission.

In theory I like it because it's different than the other heists, but in practice it's annoying. I've played it twice and will probably never try it again.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Matter of taste ... the group I play the game with likes this mission since you actually have to figure stuff out and there is not just a huge "PICK THIS UP" arrow over an objective. And they did figure it out while I was defending the one entrance to the lab (155 kills on that mission).

It all depends on who you play with.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2headedninja:

I've beaten the Big Oil mission yesterday, and if it wasn't for the guide I probably would have been lost. Big oil and Mallcrashers are the only missions I don't like so far.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@2headedninja: 155 kills? Wow. I was in the same spot defending the lab door and that is a lot of kills. I ended up with 60+. I can only imagine the type of chatter going on over voice as they argued over how many cables should be coming out of the can and where the clipboards were.

The thing that is most frustrating about this level is the balancing, design, and cover points. Carrying the engine parts is ridiculously slow. The player can carry a bag of gold (arguably just as heavy) twice as fast. In my game, the host unlocked the extra ammo bags both placed at the worst possible spots on the airfield. This segment of the mission forces the crew to defend an open area with few cover spots and carry a heavy bag to the helicopter. Payday is not a bastion of realism, but what sense does it make to have a heli land on an air strip in the middle of a full swat assault? Wouldn't it make more sense to take the engine to the house roof, drop it off to the heli, then fight your way to a plane take off?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@falserelic: im all for not treating the player like an idiot but this is just ridiculous. Convert the psi to bar? WTF kinda bullshit is that. Sure, in the mist of being swarmed by dozens upon dozens of cops who continually turn the fuckin lights off, let me break out my preschool chemistry set so i can convert the psi. Fuck outta here

This mission would be so much less infuriating if you could stealth the whole thing. I can't tell you how pissed i was the other day when we stealthed the entire house and took down all the guards, drag this heavy ass engine around the hill and as soon as we drop of the first engine all of a sudden shit just starts getting crazy. WTF for! Such bullshit. Sad thing about that was, i think we held out for 4 or 5 engine pickups only for them to all be wrong and just eventually run out of ammo and health. Ridiculous.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll let you guys on a secret.

There's this exploit in the game where you level up and unlock items faster. What you got to do is go on offline crimenet, then pick the Rats mission (Don't pick pro Rats mission). Then play the game all the way pass day 3 after you kill the guys on the bus.

After you've finished the mission choose a card, but don't click x instead press start and reset the stage. You'll be right back on the 3rd day mission, and keep whatever you earned. You can keep repeating the process until you feel satisfied. Worked pretty well for me so far, and all thanks goes to hbkdx12 for letting me know.

@hbkdx12 yeah that whole mission was complete bullshit. It's definitely a mission I won't go back to often.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@djou said:

@2headedninja: 155 kills? Wow. I was in the same spot defending the lab door and that is a lot of kills. I ended up with 60+. I can only imagine the type of chatter going on over voice as they argued over how many cables should be coming out of the can and where the clipboards were.

I told them after that I wished I had recored that stuff ... the discussion was hilarious.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Anyone else try using a 360 controller on this? I have about 26 hours on it with mouse and keyboard so I decided to give the controller a shot. It's way to fucking loose, I instantly noticed it felt weird. Guns trail your look movements, so your gun catches up to what you're aiming at rather than staying centered when you play with mouse and keyboard. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and figured out a way to disable it. It makes shooting a lot harder than it should be with the controller. Someone described it as playing with a wiimote and that's not far off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.