Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Payday: The Heist

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

The first game from Overkill Software (headed by the founders of former studio GRIN), Payday is a fast-paced crime-themed first-person shooter that lets teams of players conduct robberies and other criminal activities while fending off waves of cops.

The Online Community Annoys The Hell Out Of Me In This Game

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I swear if you find anyone who has a mic in this game. Its almost a guarantee that someone will bitch at you. Some people will feel like your not helping or not putting in enough work. So they will start going on an epic rant about how your not doing your job, and that your a worthless naive idiot.

I have encountered some of the most ignorant people that take this game way to seriously. In 1 match I had a teammate going berserk screaming at everyone. Because he wanted all of us to play a certain way just so he can get a trophy. He got so upset he even started crying over the fucking mic. The rest of my team left the match including me. That had to be the most pathetic match I had with another player ever.

At this point I don't know if I want to play this game anymore. The community just ruins the experience for me. Its so hostile and filled with people that act like cunts. People that just act like complete bitches, I'm just so sick of it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm not sure that the Payday community differs significantly from pretty much any other online community. I've had experiences like yours with a dozen different games.

Judging by the color of your name, I assume you're playing the PS3 version. Coming from someone who routinely champions PC gaming, this is going to sound condescending, but in my experience any time that you play an online game with a mic on a console, you will invariably be exposed to the most insufferable dregs of humanity. My advice: play with friends.

Also, why did you put two links to this page in your rant? Please tell me it's an ARG. I love ARGs.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

@Ravenlight said:

Also, why did you put two links to this page in your rant? Please tell me it's an ARG. I love ARGs.

My bad that was an accident. But yeah I've played this game on my ps3. I know other games has a rude community. But playing payday online is one of the most annoying online games I have on my ps3. People argue, bitch and talk shit most of the time during a match. They like to talk down to other people, and there not good players themselves.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Bad games have bad communities generally

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grimhild

I dunno. The boys and I had a decent time with it lol Maybe because we didn't take it all that seriously...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@falserelic said:

People argue, bitch and talk shit most of the time during a match. They like to talk down to other people, and there not good players themselves.

You are describing the internet at large, sir. This leads me to believe that you have only recently begun playing games with live voice chat.

The trick here is to not take any of these people seriously. The other trick is to not track down their address and stab them. That gets you arrested.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Payday is not a bad game aleast not for me. It can be really fun with the right set of people.

@Ravenlight said:

@falserelic said:

People argue, bitch and talk shit most of the time during a match. They like to talk down to other people, and there not good players themselves.

You are describing the internet at large, sir. This leads me to believe that you have only recently begun playing games with live voice chat.

The trick here is to not take any of these people seriously. The other trick is to not track down their address and stab them. That gets you arrested.

I've been playing online games for a few years. I know how stuff can be at times. Its just that playing on payday I always seem to come across assholes in succession.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Tim_the_Corsair
    It's not a bad game. It's not great but there is decent fun to be had. Especially with friends
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

@Grimhild said:

I dunno. The boys and I had a decent time with it lol Maybe because we didn't take it all that seriously...

Seems like you guys had a really good time.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silvergun

@falserelic said:

He got so upset he even started crying over the fucking mic. The rest of my team left the match including me. That had to be the most pathetic match I had with another player ever.

And this is where you're wrong, that's hilarious!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Sackmanjones
    @Tim_the_Corsair
    It's not a bad game. It's not great but there is decent fun to be had. Especially with friends
    My experience with it was that it was a mediocre Left 4 Dead clone, only the zombies had guns and worse AI
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

L4D2 has an awful community too though. That's why I stopped playing, people would kick me immediately on a public game, if you wanted to only play with people you know, do a private game.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

You miss out on the bullshit if you play with dudes you know.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

@Ravenlight said:

Coming from someone who routinely champions PC gaming, this is going to sound condescending, but in my experience any time that you play an online game with a mic on a console, you will invariably be exposed to the most insufferable dregs of humanity. My advice: play with friends.

People who say this probably don't play PC games online that much. At least not with voice.

Yeah I've had problem with this game before (playing on PC), I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's one of those shooters that rely on a really specific set of actions that a group need to execute well in order to succeed. Kinda like Left 4 Dead, it's easy for one player to (intentionally or no) screw the whole game up for the other three players. This tends to attract people who expect nothing but perfection out of their co-op partners, which totally kills the fun too.

Like Ravenlight said, play with friends. It's just one of those games.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Compared to DotA, it's probably a wonderland...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

@MikkaQ said:

@Ravenlight said:

Coming from someone who routinely champions PC gaming, this is going to sound condescending, but in my experience any time that you play an online game with a mic on a console, you will invariably be exposed to the most insufferable dregs of humanity. My advice: play with friends.

People who say this probably don't play PC games online that much. At least not with voice.

Okay, you caught me ;) I tend to play online games solely on servers comprised mainly of my friends.

I could have worded my point better, though. I've found that in any given PC game, when jumping into a totally random pub server there's maybe a 1/5 chance of the most insufferable dregs of humanity (adjusted to 1/1 for MOBAs). On consoles, that chance approaches a 1/1 ratio.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By buft

I played a bit on the free weekend and ended up getting booted out of 90% of the games I joined, the games i did get into where really enjoyable but i hate to be booted so often and it turned me off buying the full game

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

@buft said:

I played a bit on the free weekend and ended up getting booted out of 90% of the games I joined, the games i did get into where really enjoyable but i hate to be booted so often and it turned me off buying the full game

Yeah people will get kicked alot if there a low ranking player or don't have a mic. I would get kicked all the time because I didn't use my mic.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By myniceicelife

that's the main reason why i only play with friends, although even then we can bicker at each other from time to time lol

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akrid

You can always come here! Lotsa cool duders to play games with.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

@Ravenlight: That's still exaggerating. There was a time where I was playing COD (probably MW2 or Black Ops, hell they're all blending together in my head) quite a good deal on the Xbox, and only once was I ever in a match where I was hounded by the stereotypical racist homophobic nonsense that people say happens on Xbox Live a lot. Mostly it's just the large amount of actual young children on the Xbox that you don't see on PC, but other than that I find the communities fairly similar.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Welding

It's why I only, and I mean *only*, play co-op games with friends.

Me and my buddies have a friggin' great time with Payday lately!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By falserelic

Playing with friends is the best way to enjoy payday. If you don't have friends then find a good crowd of people online that just enjoys payday.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Nadafinga

I just picked this up for free with my PS+ this week. I hosted a game, invited a friend who also just got it, and the other 2 spots filled quickly with guys who were around level 28. One of them had a mic, and I said "hope you don't mind a couple of noobs trying to figure this out."

In a thick east coast accent he said, "No problem, you gotta start somewhere." He proceeded to answer all our questions about the game, helped us with where we should go and what we should do. We played a number of games with him.

So, seems like the community isn't all that bad, and with it being free for PS+, there's obviously going to be a big influx of new players. There's assholes in every online game, and its not hard to drop out and find a different game if you get in a bad game.

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By begilerath

This is why the Wii U is going to have the most successful online platform, because using a mic on that thing is going to be nearly impossible :P

thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thefaulconer

I always purposefully fuck up Diamond Heist because I want to hear the music.

People don't like that.

To be fair I only do it when I'm host.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By mordukai

@falserelic: Solution: Play with your friends. Don't have any friends? Get some.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Live2bRighteous

@Nadafinga:

Just a FYI... at the level he was at, he could still be considered "new." He was probably nice because of the amount of times he was yelled at.

That may change further on once he gets to a higher level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.