Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

60$ gamestop giftcard for steam gift?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

I have a 60$ gamestop gift card, problem is the game(s) I want is the THQ complete back on steam (50$ on sale right now). Figured I could give someone the code (or mail the card? at my cost obviously) and they could buy and gift me this steam package? The trader would come out 10$ ahead if they ever hit gamestop

Let me know thanks!

I'd do this in the neogaf buy/sell/trade thread but I got banned for drunk trolling in Offtopic :( 

I searched for a buy/sell/trade thread here but didn't see one, if this isn't allowed I apologize and beg for mod mercy.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jack_daniels

Maybe you sell it on ebay.  IT is so easy to get screwed over mailing it to some anonymous internet person.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox
    @bhhawks78: Try Cheapassgamer.com

The website is built around your line of thinking.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bhhawks78
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " Maybe you sell it on ebay.  IT is so easy to get screwed over mailing it to some anonymous internet person. "
    Ebay has no seller protection anymore, someone can just lie and say it didn't work/I never sent it and just keep a 60$ gift card for free.
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jack_daniels
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Jack_Daniels said:
    " Maybe you sell it on ebay.  IT is so easy to get screwed over mailing it to some anonymous internet person. "
    Ebay has no seller protection anymore, someone can just lie and say it didn't work/I never sent it and just keep a 60$ gift card for free. "
    Good point, having been scammed before I don't know what I was thinking.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bhhawks78
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Jack_Daniels said:
    Ebay has no seller protection anymore, someone can just lie and say it didn't work/I never sent it and just keep a 60$ gift card for free. "
    Good point, having been scammed before I don't know what I was thinking. "
    Yeah Ebay for me is strictly for 20$ and under type transactions so I don't throw a hissy fit if I get scammed hahah
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Alex_Murphy

If nobody here is down for the trade then I'd do what MrKlorox suggested. I think CheepAssGamer has some kind of trading system in place.

No Caption Provided
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Hamst3r
    @bhhawks78: I would suggest not trading that card for a steam gift. Instead, trade it for Paypal funds, preferably from someone you know, and buy it yourself. Accepting gifts from people you don't know can be problematic:

From the Steam FAQ:

There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct.  All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be disabled:

• Payment Fraud

Any fraudulent credit card use, credit card chargebacks, or Paypal chargebacks (regardless of when the transaction occurred).

• Redeeming Fraudulent Gifts

Never accept a gift from an unknown user. Any accounts tied to a redeemed gift from a fraudulent source may be disabled.

Found here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519 

Envision this scenario: Guy pays for your Steam gift, then - for whatever reason - calls his bank and says he didn't; the bank pulls the funds back from Valve and Valve bans your account. His reason for wanting his money back can be anything; maybe he realized he didn't want the Gamestop card, or the card doesn't work, or it got lost in the mail, or he's just being a jerk or simply impulsive. It could even not be his doing but that of his bank due to insufficient funds or some other error.

It's not something to be overly-concerned about, but it's a possible outcome with Steam gifts and chargebacks. So yeah...
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ch13696
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Jack_Daniels said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Jack_Daniels said:
    Good point, having been scammed before I don't know what I was thinking. "
    Yeah Ebay for me is strictly for 20$ and under type transactions so I don't throw a hissy fit if I get scammed hahah "
    I don't know. I just recently started checking stuff out on eBay. Even selling stuff. The main rule of thumb is don't ship until you receive payment and the maximum is 7 days to receive the payment. As far as buying stuff goes, I havn't ran into any problems. However my ex did and after a week if seeing that the item hasn't been shipped PayPal re-imbursed her. Right now eBay is doing a buyers protection. So, no harm and no fowl. 

@bhhawks78: I saw something on the news where a company is buying gift cards. I'm not sure what the website is but try googling it. I'm sure you would get payed through a paypal account as well. So look it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.