Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

$800 PC build

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

I wanted so badly to build one for $1200 but other things take precedence. Just wanted to ask some general advice on what parts I should use. I'm pretty set on using the Intel corei5 2500k but after that I'm at a bit of a loss. Also is $800 a good price to play current PC games at least on high settings and what should be the first upgrade I make to bring closer to my ideal build?

Thanks in advance.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cbarnes86

@mikey87144: I was on a budget and was able to build my PC for under 800 and it runs Sleeping Dogs/Far Cry on the highest settings. I built with expansion in mind (room for second video card or better one) and was really happy with the result. Of course, the parts I bought may be priced differently now, but you should still be able to get one around that price point (this is without a monitor of course). PM me if you want the list of specs I used.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

800$ to play everything today on high is plenty. I'm gonna leave it to other more knowledgeable people to suggest parts as i haven't kept up with hardware news much since building my last computer but my current 2 and a half year old computer was worth around 1300$ when i build it and still runs everything really well.

Infinityslimit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Infinityslimit

Yes! 800 is the sweet spot, I spent a little over that and got an awesome system. Went for an i5 3570k, asus P8Z77-V motherboard and a gtx 660 ti. Was playing the Crysis 3 beta last night graphics set to highest (except AA) and got an awesome framerate 50-60 fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.