Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

A good stand-alone network card?

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nate6858

Short version: I need a PCI network card, and would like your recommendations

Long version: I recently built a PC w/ Win7 (after a year or two of randomly accumulating parts when I had some extra cash) and spent a couple of weeks trying to figure out why it was bluescreening randomly. I've narrowed it down to, I think, the drivers for my onboard network port (ASRock M3A770DE). While I have the latest drivers from the ASRock site, I still get bluescreens related to network drivers.

In frustration (and well I kinda wanted to dick around with it anyway) I installed Ubuntu using their windows installer, and popped it in alongside my windows install. It's been trucking along for ~3 days now so I don't think my hardware is to blame for my windows troubles (before this I wondered about possibly a defective power supply).

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Sounds like some kind of conflict with another system device, wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that involving an on board NIC. As far as add in cards go... I haven't looked at those in about a decade for a home PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.