Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

A huge task ahead of me....

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

So my girlfriend bought me the Family Guy pack with all seasons and movies up until season 8.

For some reason she got them from the States and wont work in anything but this PC.
    She wants to watch them on the LCD in the living room so I now have the hug task of ripping every episode to an External HDD and so forth.

Can someone direct me to a program that will allow me to do this quickly?

As most discs have multiple episodes, i need something that will allow me to rip all episodes in one go.

Any ideas?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im no expert on the subject But I bet Nero would do the trick. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branthog

I'd suggest the open source OSX/Linux/Windows ripper -- Handbrake .

Of course, this now makes you an evil, terrible, awful, "criminal" for seeking to use something you own in a way that you see fit on a device of your choosin and since you'll be decrypting the content in order to rip it and re-encode it, you'll technically be violating the DMCA. On the other hand, good for you for wanting to exercise your right to fair-use as a consumer.

lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lhaymehr
    @sodiumCyclops: Honestly if you think of ripping this to a XviD, it isn't a small task and for acceptable results some knowledge and quite a bit of time is needed.

If you just want to copy the *.vob and *.ifo files from VIDEO_TS folder to an external HDD and play them with a player that recognises these files you might get lucky with an old program called "DVD Decripter" which will copy all the files from the DVDs and decrypt them to release the regional protection. Then you can burn them to an empty DVD to play in any DVD player.

Good luck.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You could just use a hdmi cable if your gpu supports it and watch it on your hdtv. Or else get a dvi to hdmi cable, of course it depends on your rez of your hdtv if it's 1080p and gpu, might not be perfect. I'm saying there are other options.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunnBjorn

Maybe i shouldn't suggest this, but since you already own the original, i'd say it's legit to download them from 'particular sources'. 
    If that is an illicit action still, please someone notify me and i'll remove this post immediately.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.