A question about USB controller adapters

#1 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

Hey folks!

I'm looking to get some classic controller adapters for my PC. I would love to have as many different controllers as possible that are usable.

I was looking at the two-port SNES to USB adapters on Ebay, and they seem like an alright option, but I was also thinking about hooking up NES controllers, and Sega Genesis... possibly even Atari 2600 controllers using the Genesis port.

I found THIS adapter for the Wii, which plugs into a Gamecube port.

I then found THIS adapter which converts Gamecube ports to USB.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this sort of setup, and if it would work, going through two adapters like that.

#2 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

Anyone?

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Well might not work because wouldn't the GameCube adapter would make the computer think its a GameCube controller not a nes. Right?

#4 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

If the NES/SNES/Genesis/N64 adapter doesn't require any sort of software, it shouldn't matter, since it would be converting it into a Gamecube plug, so all of the pins would be the same.

It's only really a problem if they BOTH rely on software to work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.