Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Aaaawww I lost my Fallout 3 save file.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Ok so I was playing Fallout 3 for awhile. I beat the main story and now I was working on Point Lookout and Im on level 15. Anyways, the game kept crashing on me. I decided to look into it. It's not my video card and everything is updated. Well, this happened to me before in other games (Sacred 2 and Oblivion). I've decided that maybe it was Windows Vista. So I downgraded. Before I did that I tried looking for my save file (assuming it was in the Program Files for Fallout 3). Couldn't find them so I Googled where I might find it. In a forum someone posted the same question and someone replied that he should just copy the Data folder in the Fallout 3 folder because most likely it's in there. So that's what I've done.

I downgraded my PC back to Windows XP, reinstalled Fallout 3, and pasted the Data folder into the Fallout 3 folder. Went into the game and to my surprise no save file. I just want to let everyone know that I've wiped my hard drive clean just so I can get a fresh copy of Windows on there. So I searched again on google on landed on Gamespot.com where someone else asked the same question. It turns out that the save file is in the My Documents folder. So after all this hard work it is gone forever. Level 15 I don't get to see for awhile. And no expansions till I get the proper level...AGAIN. 

I will find that forum and find the guy who's giving eveyone the wrong information and literally Forum bash him. Or any other legal ways of torturing him.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

just look up some PC console commands to level you up.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696
    @Emilio said:
    " just look up some PC console commands to level you up. "
    Like cheats??
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio
    @ch13696: 

Yessir.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower
    @ch13696 said:

" @Emilio said:

Like cheats?? "
    Yeah, PC has cheats.  
    Here is a list.

Personally, if you were going good last time, just put the settings on very easy and go bad or the other way around. Hey that's just me.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ch13696

oh yeaaaahhh. I forgot about that. I just want to raise my level back to 15, beat the quests I've beaten before, and get my weapons back (I had a freakin Railway Gun). I don't care about killing the creatures or people again and my Karma. I'll deal with that.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I don't think the crashing is Vista's fault. Fallout 3 is one hell of a buggy game. It would crash randomly for me (especially in indoor areas) in XP, and when I installed Vista I had the exact same problems.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

I have the same problem with fallout 3. The only way i could fix it was to just lower my resolution to 1280x1024 and set the settings to high. When it was on ultra at 1680x1024 it ran fine but would randomly crash every time i played it. That game is one of the buggiest POS games i have played in a long time.

Just an FYI for future references, most PC games save file are in the Documents folder. In my experience any way they are almost always in the your documents some where or if not then there is a save folder in the program where the game was installed. Fallout 3 saves are at. Start > Documents > My Games

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn
    @ch13696 said:
    " @Emilio said:
    Like cheats?? "

Hell yeah
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

There's commands to auto complete quests too, so you can just go down the list of of ones you've completed, type in the command BOOM!

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By brainwins

Seems like you are having a shitty week :S Hope the next one is better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.