Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Advice for high end PC monitors!?

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Can any of you duders recommend a really good high end PC monitor?

I would need it for graphic design primarily and if its good for games that would be a bonus. I had been looking at the Dell ultra sharps 27" LED but keep seeing reviews of people bitching about ghosting n crap.

My budget would probably be no more than £500-600

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Troispoint
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@rekt_hed said:

Can any of you duders recommend a really good high end PC monitor?

I would need it for graphic design primarily and if its good for games that would be a bonus. I had been looking at the Dell ultra sharps 27" LED but keep seeing reviews of people bitching about ghosting n crap.

My budget would probably be no more than £500-600

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I use 2 Dell U2412 in my home office for work and gaming. Never had any ghosting issues with mine and have played a ton of BF3 for example on them with no issues.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You need to make a choise in what you need the most with your monitor, colors or gaming.

Ive had many monitors in the past year and a half and i recently bought this which has good colors and really low input lag and screen size.

For a IPS panel i think its a good all rounder for colors and gaming.

I think if you go higher than 6-bit the ghosting becomes more prevelant, but dont quote me on that i am in no means a expert.

Rayderzet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rayderzet
    LotsOfZazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does the rest of your system look like? It's hard for me to recommend a monitor if I don't know what you are working with. Also what do you plan on using it for?

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jimmy_p

The older ultrasharps are good, I use U2410 and I do graphics design/prepress work (you wont notice input lag unless it's a faced paced shooter)

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LG 27EA83, best damn 27" around. Same panel used in the Dell 27 since LG makes it however the OSD is much improved and as a result has only 7ms of input latency (the dell has something like 17ms which is over 1 frame of lag) which makes it excellent for gaming.

From a graphics design point of view it comes pre-calibrated with 100% sRGB and 99% Adobe RGB, and has built in functionality to work with a hardware calibrator should you feel the need to do your own calibration.

The only thing you need to watch out for is that the first run of the monitor had an OSD firmware bug which blew out the input latency to something like 38ms. LG patched this up in a new firmware revision so when buying it may be wise to check with the seller if it's running the up to date release.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BenQ eSports monitors are the best money can buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.