Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Alienware Laptop

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andrewf87462

Does anyone here have an Alienware M11x. I'm after getting rid of the old PC, takes up too much space with the desk and everything so I'm thinking a gaming laptop should be fine. Now I don't do much PC gaming, but gaming laptops tend to be pretty powerful. I'm just checking out the M11x now, which looks pretty sweet! Just wanted some thoughts on it? Or doesn anyone recommend any other powerful laptops?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I understand, Alienware's are generally overpriced. You could probably find another laptop with the same specs for a cheaper price if you go elsewhere.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Gav47

If you want a gaming netbook the m11x is your only choice, if you want a a gaming laptop look at the Asus range and the Lenovo Y560p. If just want to play PC games get a desktop, they are cheaper and more powerful than their portable equivalents. 

Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diagnostic

Alienware sucks balls.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

M11X is a netbook, not a normal laptop. It's smaller but more expensive than even really expensive gaming laptops. I wouldn't recommend gaming on a laptop at all, but that's just my personal preference. You're probbably going to have to plug in a USB mouse anyway.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By stonyman65
    @andrewf87462: 
    I would go with cyberpower or asus before alienware.  They are way over priced (sometimes into the thousands) and most of their machine have proprietary parts that can only be replaced by dell/alienware.   I wouldn't use a gaming laptop anyways, they run too hot and the "gaming grade" performance is not gaming grade.    

go over to tested.    ask the guys there, plus I think they have a video review of the M11x
    andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By andrewf87462
    @Stonyman65 said:
    " @andrewf87462:  I would go with cyberpower or asus before alienware.  They are way over priced (sometimes into the thousands) and most of their machine have proprietary parts that can only be replaced by dell/alienware.   I wouldn't use a gaming laptop anyways, they run too hot and the "gaming grade" performance is not gaming grade.      go over to tested.    ask the guys there, plus I think they have a video review of the M11x "

Cheers for this. No idea why I didn't go to Tested first. Great time to use my multipass logon!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.