Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

AMD might be for sale, perhaps to Dell

Trevion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trevion

According to Barron's and also getting lots of intelligent discussion on Slashdot.  Of course, the aforelinked article ends by saying this is a distant possibility, so perhaps take it all with a grain of salt.  

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Synaptic

I really hope not... I'm an AMD fan. I know it means more funding, but it also means lack of autonomy.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

Meh. Intel/Nvidia guy myself. Would be interesting to see how it goes I guess.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ch13696

AMD already bought ATI. I thought they would've made some money off that purchase.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ParanoidFreak
    @ch13696: Maybe they spent more than they could financially handle. They did spend 5.4 billion on the deal.
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FourWude

NOOOO!!!!!. The good guys are losing. AMD/ATi are the good guys against the unholy mega corporate monsters of Intel and NVidia.

This is a dark day people. But remember it is darkest always before dawn. The good guys will strike back.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

tbh, I don't care since I don't support ati/amd products. It would be great business for dell, but I don't think that's going to happen.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By hero_swe
    @FourWude said:
    "

NOOOO!!!!!. The good guys are losing. AMD/ATi are the good guys against the unholy mega corporate monsters of Intel and NVidia.

This is a dark day people. But remember it is darkest always before dawn. The good guys will strike back.

"

*Long drawn out sigh*
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Jadeskye

would be an insane power grab for Dell. They do make most of the world's computers.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I think with the possibility of support for ARM processors in Windows 8, things would get really interesting with another 3 CPU manufacturers out there, seeing AMD go to Dell might have its drawbacks and could give the ARM companies (nVidia, Qualcomm and Texas Instruments) some extra opportunities, but in terms of performance and despite the Sandy Bridge set backs I think Intel will continue to be the strongest contender for quite some time yet unless Dell can lead AMD to make a major change to their development philosophy, such as AMD's current trend of maintaining backward compatibility, though they may have already done this with AM3+ CPUs and mobos, we should find out in 2 months if everything ships to schedule.

theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By theragu40

Damn I really hope that doesn't happen.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.