Any on-rails shooters for PC

#1 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Was wondering if anyone knew any old fashioned arcade style shooters like House of the Dead for the PC. Doesn't matter what year it was made as long as it's reasonably compatible with modern computers.

#2 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

hmm... all I can think of is the Star Wars: Rebel Assault games. They are a bit different than House of the Dead but certainly in the same genre. Made for the PC more than arcades.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (6719 posts) -

House of the Dead 1, 2, and 3, Area 51 (the arcade one, natch), and the Virtua Cop games come to mind off-hand.

#4 Posted by MC_Hify (352 posts) -
#5 Posted by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -

Like a lightgun game? Not many. Maybe try emulating Killer 7 or something?

Most FPS campaigns are pretty much on rails now though.

#6 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2133 posts) -

This thread makes me wish that light-gun games and Time Crisis made a comeback. A man can dream.

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Typing of the Dead

#8 Posted by Dangerloves (79 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair: Yeah probably the best one that comes to mind.

#9 Posted by Korwin (3039 posts) -

There was once this FMV based police style rail shooter in the mid 90's... dude said "It's party time" at the beginning of the demo, I don't remember the name.

Is that unhelpful enough? :D

#10 Posted by AssInAss (2747 posts) -

No, those games are only for comfy couches :P

#11 Posted by flasaltine (1711 posts) -

Call of Duty

#12 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

There are like a hundred thousand flash games that are just on-rails shooters, some of them are quite good. Not sure of any big-budget on-rails shooters, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.