Any suggestions on a laptop?

#1 Edited by Purpz (81 posts) -

Hi Duders, so here's the deal-eo. I'm getting a nice little bonus this month, and I'm thinking of getting a laptop so i can play some games on the go.

Now, I was looking at the Mx18 or the Razer Blade, but they're a tad expensive.

All I'm really going to be playing is Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike : Source. So, if anyone has any suggestions and/or experience with some laptops, please do tell.

I would put my limit down, but it'll just be people posting the really expensive ones. Also, I do know it's going to be pricey, trust me.

So, any suggestions would be great. Thanks lads.

EDIT - Okay, my budget is probably about £600-£800

#2 Posted by EXTomar (4497 posts) -

The first and most important rule: Make a budget. The next rule: Stick to your budget.

So you are getting a bonus but how much of a budget are you willing to spend?

#3 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

@EXTomar: About £600 to £800

#4 Posted by MAGZine (435 posts) -

@Purpz: You really do not need that much power for those games. A notebook with 4GB of RAM, and an i5 Ivy bridge processor should be more than enough to play both of those without issue.

#5 Posted by a7madHD (10 posts) -

this my laptop , and i feel great with it , but it's stereo sound , asus k53sv

#6 Edited by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

I've got the asus K52JC and i couldn't be more pleased with it. It plays those games easily.

#7 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

Dell XPS 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll run TF2 full settings at 60 fps and isnt that expensive, nice screen and trackpad too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.