Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Anyone running Nvidia Surround across 3 monitors?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Contemplating replacing my GTX470 w/ a GTX660Ti so I can game across 3 25" LCDs. I had gone back and forth considering a change to AMD for Eyefinity, but now that Nvidia has the option, I'm wondering how well it works and what percentage of games out there will support it. Gets me more than a little excited thinking about running Borderlands 2 across 3 screens, so if I can do that, I think I'm in for this. Already have 2 25" screens, so it would just be a matter of picking up a 3rd along with the videocard.

Anyone have experience with this?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By korwin

I'm running it right now. It's comparable Eyefinity from a support stand point, that being said there are still quite a lot of games out there that take some effort to get running in proper ultra wide (that or they just don't work at all). I've been using portrait mode a lot more recently simply because it's a lot more compatible with a wider range of games, also the immersion factor is pretty huge with so much vertical screen space.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Went ahead and ordered the 660Ti, Newegg is having a deal on the EVGA Superclocked making it $290 after a $10 MIR, which knocks off $20, plus the free copy of Borderlands 2.

Looking forward to getting it, hope it shows up by the weekend :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.