Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Arkham Asylum, GFWL achievements

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Marsher

Arkham asylum GOTY edition is 50% off on steam right now, and i was wondering if i get GFWL achievements if i buy it through steam?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I bought the original AA through Steam and got achievements, and I'm pretty sure GotY has its own set of achievements.
    I'd double check on that last statement though

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DG991

I bought it a few days ago on steam and I am getting achievements left and right. So yes. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

All GFWL games that are sold through Steam or any other legal retailer include a key that allows it to support all GFWL specializations, including achievements.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mrhankey
    @SwirlinDervish: 
    You do. And as a side note...I bought this because of the sale on steam...beat it in 8 hours...but there is so much crap to find around the Arkham that It has great replay value.
    Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Immuniity

If i recall correctly, each version of the game carries its own set of achievements. To put it bluntly, it treats Batman and Batman (GOTY) as different games, each having its own set of 1000 GS.

Moreover, each different format carries its own set. So you can get the NTSC copy, GOTY NTSC copy, PAL copy, GOTY PAL copy, japanese, GOTY japanese and work your way towards 5,000 GS points fairly easily.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.