Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Batman PC case

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So, in order to save some money, I ordered Batman for PC off ebay from a seller based in India. The game arrived today (bubble-wrapped and in a cloth sleeve instead of an envelope that hand been hand stitched closed and then sealed with wax - seriously, I'm not making this shit up - I found it kinda cool) and I was surprised that it wasn't a normal plastic DVD case but a cardboard box. Fair enough I thought, PC games can come in different packaging - so I open it and the DVD itself is in one of those square envelope inserts and the manual is all in black and white and rather low quality print job.

Just wondering how if all the Batman PC copies were like that or if I have some legitimate concerns regarding the validity of this product (DVD looks fine and it was all shrink wrapped). I would install it to see if it works but unfortunately my current laptop won't run it and I'll only have my new one by the end of next week at the soonest.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Eh? Mine came from Amazon and comes in a plastic case. The inside of the manual is black and white; the outside is in color.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Binman88

Post a photo of it up here. Sounds kinda dodgy.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By thatfrood

sounds completely dodgy. it's probably filled with spiders.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

Can you post pictures of it?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vitor

I'll upload some when I get back from classes later today - Manual and DVD seem legit apart from the fact that I used to own it on 360 and I swear the actual inside of the manual was in colour for that whereas here it's black and white
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gizmo

Honestly, arranging a return to India is a lost cause, I would download the game files, then use your legit CD-KEY (assuming it is legit) to play, I wouldn't even put that thing in my PC.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Evilsbane

Must see pictures of hand made envelope. Plz

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green
    @Evilsbane said:
    " Must see pictures of hand made envelope. Plz "
    this lol.  i also want to see this.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow

There's no way that's real.  I bought GTA IV and Crysis Warhead on ebay from Indian suppliers and my boxes and discs were the same as European retail product, which are mainly manufactured in India.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By Geno
    @Vitor said:
    "

bubble-wrapped and in a cloth sleeve instead of an envelope that hand been hand stitched closed and then sealed with wax

"
    Lmao maybe's it's the Indian Collector's Edition. 
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vitor

As requested (although a bit delayed) are the images of the hand made envelope from India in which my copy of Batman came 

Below you should be able to make out the melted red wax which appears to have sealed the stitching...

And there's the black and white manual that had me worried it was a bootleg - my new laptop has yet to arrive so I can't test the validity of the product just yet I'm afraid...

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CowMuffins

That thing looks gross. And by gross, I mean it looks like a used tampon.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Drebin_893

Doesn't seem anything illegitimate about the quality whatsoever. 
    I misunderstood what you meant by cardboard box. That looks absolutely fine.

Duckchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Duckchow

Hmmm, the box has the ESRB rating on it, but the disc looks like PEGI.

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shrig32

The Box is definitely not official. The disk's ink looks a little light, also? Regardless,  Duckchow was right about the ratings, they don't match regions at all. I'm calling counterfeit on this.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vitor
    @shrig32 said:

" The Box is definitely not official. The disk's ink looks a little light, also? Regardless,  Duckchow was right about the ratings, they don't match regions at all. I'm calling counterfeit on this. "

The ink on the disc is fine (flash from camera probably smeared that out) but the discrepancy between the ratings does bother me. Plus, despite having the plastic seal, the disc is scratched to high hell - admittedly the paper sleeve it came it probably did jack all in protecting it (neither did it have the plastic window in the middle that most do) but I'm still wary. 

Going to contact the ebay seller and ask them about this (weird - their positive feedback is 99.8% out of 8821 total sales. Doesn't seem like a dodgy seller. Still, disc was pretty badly scratched regardless so I have something to complain about)
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vitor

Reply received already from the seller:

Hello,

We sell only original software and have been doing so for over over 9 years now.
    We sell only authentic software and we are sorry to hear you have received your game in a less than satisfactory condition.
    We have just issued you a full refund. You can try the game once it arrives and check if its authentic or not. If you find it to be authentic, please re-send the payment.
    To check refund details, click on the original entry that shows payment made in your PayPal account. On the page that opens, refund details will be visible.
    We apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced.

Well, at least the customer service is great. Now to wait for my new laptop so I can finally see if the game works or not...

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Binman88
    @Vitor: That's a good result. I wouldn't actually be too worried about the mismatched rating logos. As far as I know, there aren't any rating systems covering the Indian region specifically, so having the box with the ESRB rating and the disc with the BBFC one might be explained by the company receiving the boxes and discs from two separate sources.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vitor
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Vitor: That's a good result. I wouldn't actually be too worried about the mismatched rating logos. As far as I know, there aren't any rating systems covering the Indian region specifically, so having the box with the ESRB rating and the disc with the BBFC one might be explained by the company receiving the boxes and discs from two separate sources. "
    True - once I get my new laptop next week I'll test it out. If it works I'll send the guy the money back as I'm happy with having paid £13 for a copy of this game, even if the disc isn't in ideal condition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.