Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Battlefield 3 - Unexpected Fun

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By PatchRowcester

Click here for pictures

I purchased Battlefield 3 back in November from Amazon. It was one of the few times I bought a game so close to the launch. I played the Alpha and I was very impressed with it.

Having bought the game however, I encountered several problems with it. I am quite sure that the problems were at my end, because my friends were able to log in play just fine. For whatever reason, this was encountered way too often:

Battlefield 3 - Something went wrong with the game error

I returned the game, and Amazon were kind enough to refund the entire money.

For the Memorial Day, there was a sale going on EA, and my fiance suggested that we buy Battlefield 3 and play it together. I was skeptical about it, having purchased it before, but she said she was going to pay for it, and I was very comfortable with the arrangement.

Well, what can I say? Since that day, I have clocked a total of 18 hours, and I ranked up 14 levels. It has been one hell of an experience.

The game seemed vastly improved, and I did not encounter the long load times; I am sure this has more to do with my SSD than the game itself, but my fiance plays on a laptop, and on wireless, and she didn't have any problems either.

Well, I am glad I gave Battlefield 3 another chance. It can be chaotic in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it, its truly awesome.

Here is the link to my profile to those we might be interested in seeing my stats:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/PatchRowcester/

I am also considering buying the expansion.

I will make a blog about tips that might help novice players like myself based on my experience.

Here is a screenshot of me getting better of my fiance! We usually play together, but she ended up in the opposite team, and that gave me a chance to frag her. She wasn't very happy about it!

The day my fiance got pwned in Battlefield 3 :)

The point of this blog is, I truly recommend Battlefield 3 to anyone looking to play an amazing FPS online.

I had my problems with Battlelog, and found the idea of starting the game from within the browser a ridiculous idea, but it has grown on me a lot. I like the features it offers, and if it is given a chance, I am sure the merits are there to be seen.

I also have to say, so far, Origin has been very unobtrusive. I barely ever see it, its just in the background, and its not that memory intensive either, which is what I like from a client. It should be transparent, and so far that is how Origin has been.

So overall, its been a good experience, and I felt I needed to share this with my fellow PC Gamers.

In closing, there is a portrait wallpaper of Battlefield 3 that my fiance just made, so be sure to check the link.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PatchRowcester

Click here for pictures

I purchased Battlefield 3 back in November from Amazon. It was one of the few times I bought a game so close to the launch. I played the Alpha and I was very impressed with it.

Having bought the game however, I encountered several problems with it. I am quite sure that the problems were at my end, because my friends were able to log in play just fine. For whatever reason, this was encountered way too often:

Battlefield 3 - Something went wrong with the game error

I returned the game, and Amazon were kind enough to refund the entire money.

For the Memorial Day, there was a sale going on EA, and my fiance suggested that we buy Battlefield 3 and play it together. I was skeptical about it, having purchased it before, but she said she was going to pay for it, and I was very comfortable with the arrangement.

Well, what can I say? Since that day, I have clocked a total of 18 hours, and I ranked up 14 levels. It has been one hell of an experience.

The game seemed vastly improved, and I did not encounter the long load times; I am sure this has more to do with my SSD than the game itself, but my fiance plays on a laptop, and on wireless, and she didn't have any problems either.

Well, I am glad I gave Battlefield 3 another chance. It can be chaotic in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it, its truly awesome.

Here is the link to my profile to those we might be interested in seeing my stats:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/PatchRowcester/

I am also considering buying the expansion.

I will make a blog about tips that might help novice players like myself based on my experience.

Here is a screenshot of me getting better of my fiance! We usually play together, but she ended up in the opposite team, and that gave me a chance to frag her. She wasn't very happy about it!

The day my fiance got pwned in Battlefield 3 :)

The point of this blog is, I truly recommend Battlefield 3 to anyone looking to play an amazing FPS online.

I had my problems with Battlelog, and found the idea of starting the game from within the browser a ridiculous idea, but it has grown on me a lot. I like the features it offers, and if it is given a chance, I am sure the merits are there to be seen.

I also have to say, so far, Origin has been very unobtrusive. I barely ever see it, its just in the background, and its not that memory intensive either, which is what I like from a client. It should be transparent, and so far that is how Origin has been.

So overall, its been a good experience, and I felt I needed to share this with my fellow PC Gamers.

In closing, there is a portrait wallpaper of Battlefield 3 that my fiance just made, so be sure to check the link.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.