Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Best Crysis Config

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

I'm getting a new laptop soon and, naturally, bought crysis and warhead off the steam sale a few weeks back in anticipation. 

I've read that there are a few mods around that can improve the look of the game will not affecting performance (natural mod) while others claim to improve both (CCC).

I was wondering which one I should opt for as something about the lighting in the vanilla version of the game really bugs me - everything looks too 'videogamey' for my liking (unless you turn on colour grading but I don't want the small performance hit that that comes with).

My specs will be:
    Intel® Core™ i7-720QM 1.60 GHz
    2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 RAM at 1333MHz
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 280M 1GB GDDR3
    320GB 7200rpm (SATA-II 16MB Cache)

I should be able to run it at 1600x900 res on all High with an FPS of just about 30 if I don't modify the game in any way as is (although the GPU would have to be slightly OC'ed for this).

So, if you've played Crysis and have tried out the various tweaks, what do you think?  

Edit: Just read that  CCC is an optimized config with 6 levels. Level 4 is an optimized very high mode but with less post processing, performs like high but looks better. I guess that's what I'll be going for then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.