Best FREE online game

• 71 results
#1 Posted by METALM1LITIA91 (259 posts) -

Hey just wondering what your favorite free online game either browser based, download, flash, whatever.  I personally used to play Gunz all the time. I uninstalled it at one point and i heard they changed the name so i haven't looked for it since

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I played me some maple story for like a week, that was fun. People act like having any enjoyment in that game must mean you are some sort of mental defect or 3 year old child but I found it amusing nonetheless.

Then I got vista, and couldn't play it...

#3 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -
Termite said:
"I played me some maple story for like a week, that was fun. People act like having any enjoyment in that game must mean you are some sort of mental defect or 3 year old child but I found it amusing nonetheless.

"
I remember that game, for me Tibia is my favorite free to play game. Its one of those few games thats free but when you pay for it your not buying double exp or something, you just get more content and what not.
#4 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

Subspace or as its known now as "Continium" has been the absolute best free online game and i think its been the best free one for a long time now..... The ship mods you can get for that game are just nuts!!! and the look freakin cool!! i think my favourate ship set was either the star wars (obviously lol) or the babylon 5 ships...  Its basicly just a top-down view game but its really hard, and you need a LOT! of skill in that game, its quite a skillfull and tactical game considering how simplistic it is... but  urge anyone whos never heard of it to give it a go..... its a LOT of fun guys, seriously....

#5 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

Oh god, I remember at some point in my life playing MapleStory. What a terrible game. I thought the Xbox Live community was bad.

Back on topic, I played Gunbound for awhile, and while it isn't anything spectacular, it's pretty fun.

#6 Posted by METALM1LITIA91 (259 posts) -
sculsoldi3r said:
"Termite said:
"I played me some maple story for like a week, that was fun. People act like having any enjoyment in that game must mean you are some sort of mental defect or 3 year old child but I found it amusing nonetheless.

"
I remember that game, for me Tibia is my favorite free to play game. Its one of those few games thats free but when you pay for it your not buying double exp or something, you just get more content and what not."
I personally didn't like that game at all but its just not my style of game
#7 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory without a doubt.  I play that game to this day.  You can download it for free and it has a large following, so there's always people to play against.  It's one of my favorite games of all time, and it's FREE!
#8 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

gotta love wolfenstein!

#9 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -
Origina1Penguin said:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory without a doubt.  I play that game to this day.  You can download it for free and it has a large following, so there's always people to play against.  It's one of my favorite games of all time, and it's FREE!
"
This one
#10 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

I actually quite liked some of the Yahoo stuff, like chess and pool, those were really fun to play, haven't played those in awhile now

#11 Posted by thebrassthief (70 posts) -

Travian is pretty good. OGame isn't bad. Both games take a little while to really get going however. Tribal Wars is faster, and my favorite. Fallen Sword is fun, and not a "village style" game like the last three mentioned.

#12 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

never heard of many of those games TewDee

#13 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

Roblox.

#14 Posted by TEAMHOLT (438 posts) -
Origina1Penguin said:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory without a doubt.  I play that game to this day.  You can download it for free and it has a large following, so there's always people to play against.  It's one of my favorite games of all time, and it's FREE!"
And it'll run on pretty much any PC you could run Quake 3 on. I love that game.
#15 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

Battlefield heroes should be out sometime this year and thats supposed to be a free one aswell

#16 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

FEAR MP.

#17 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -
Origina1Penguin said:
"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory without a doubt.  I play that game to this day.  You can download it for free and it has a large following, so there's always people to play against.  It's one of my favorite games of all time, and it's FREE!
"
Wolfenstien is without a doubt the best free fps. I played this as a kid too (until i got Battlefield 1942).
#18 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Soldier Front and GunZ
Awesome Games, better than alot of games you buy imo

#19 Posted by NeoTheta (225 posts) -

Combat Arms is by far my favorite free game. The shooting is amazingly satisfying, and there's a large selection of weapons. And unlike Soldier Front, you actually get enough money in matches to keep buying stuff, and not having to use actual money to get in-game bucks.

#20 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

enemy terratory was pretty good back in the day, and when i was about 10 i played runescape. I will never forgibe myself

#21 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -
NeoTheta said:
"Combat Arms is by far my favorite free game. The shooting is amazingly satisfying, and there's a large selection of weapons. And unlike Soldier Front, you actually get enough money in matches to keep buying stuff, and not having to use actual money to get in-game bucks.
"
Combat Arms is pretty much the modern day version of Wolfenstein. Best modernday free fps.
#22 Posted by GiantBomber (352 posts) -

Well Wolfenstein is the classic, as for MMORPG maybe... Flyff??

#23 Posted by HoldSteady828 (165 posts) -

gotta love when people say: "gotta love x thing!"

or maybe even the classic: " 'nuff said."

please, internet. no more.

#24 Posted by SpiredCrescent7 (37 posts) -

My favorite flash game would have to be and old Dragon Ball z game that was introduced through cartoonetwork.  It contained 4 areas where you had to move to and a set of moves to pull of and the direction where to aim them at.  It was real simple, but i played it for hours

#25 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

O yah, i did forget about Combat Arms.
I played that game in closed and open beta
Now its awesomer

#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Either TrackMania Nations or F.E.A.R. combat

#27 Posted by SmokeyDaBear (110 posts) -

Quake Live will probably be my favorite, but FEAR Combat is my current favorite free game.

#28 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -

Quake Live should be good...i never got into FEAR Combat....and once BF Heroes comes out.....then i think it will be amazing. Oh TrackMania Nations is also good.

#29 Posted by Crossknive (30 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"FEAR MP.
"
F.E.A.R MP didn't interest me at all.
#30 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

what the hell is quake live? lol

#31 Edited by Arestice (468 posts) -
VACkillers said:
"what the hell is quake live? lol
"
Quake III but run through the browser.

EDIT:
Speaking of running through the browser, has anyone tried Battlefield Heroes?
I was invited to the Beta a while back, it was pretty interesting but oddly reminded me of WoW (particularly the spy/scout/commando class)
#32 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

not played BF Heroes yet, it looks ok, bit too much like Team fortress for battlefield looks like to me..... but quake 3 in browser, man that's gonna be SICK!!!! hahaha...  whens that supposed to happen?

#33 Posted by MrMC (43 posts) -

gunz or gunbound

#34 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -
VACkillers said:
"
check out the quake live page:)

Im on the beta and its awesome.
#35 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

sweet! -laughing-  thanks a lot for the info... great stuff

#36 Posted by Arestice (468 posts) -
sizu said:
"VACkillers said:
"
check out the quake live page:)

Im on the beta and its awesome.
"
Is beta open? I was invited a while a go but I haven't signed up for it yet. tooo lazy.
#37 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

Diablo II is a good one.

#38 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

Blizzard need to make a free version of World of Warcraft, I haven't played this game yet.

#39 Posted by GoranP (1128 posts) -

I love Track Mania Nations Forever.

#40 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -
VACkillers said:
"
ditto
#41 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I played Gunbound for like a year.

#42 Posted by PharoahCapcom (480 posts) -

Street Fighter Online

Gunz:The Duel
Kwonho
Phantasy Star Online (hacked)
#43 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is far better than Fear's multiplayer (though inferior in graphics). Trust me on that one.

#44 Edited by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

that one helicopter flash game lol. EDIT oh wait, ONLINE game. now i feel like a dumbass :(

#45 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

I'll have to wait to see how  Battlefield Heros turns out this summer, but i'll just go with that for now.

#46 Posted by UpMax (35 posts) -

Battlefield Heroes (end of 2008)
Trackmania Nations Forever

#47 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

FEAR combat, wolfenstein, and quake live when it comes out

#48 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Well, if your into MMORPGs then you must try Perfect World, it has been called the "Chinese Version of  Wow", on the other hand , if you like FPS, Americas Army is a great choice, and to me it's one of the best free games out there.

#49 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

#50 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

Haven't played much, but lots of people have been enjoying Combat Arms and of what I played I do too. Good game that I would definitively recommend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.