Best free software for capture game video/audio?

#1 Posted by Flabbergastrate (275 posts) -

I'm looking to capture a few of my Super Street Fighter IV (PC) and was wondering what the best way to do it would be. I'd like something without a watermark (i.e., no FRAPS), but if that's really my best option, I'll take it.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Open Broadcaster's pretty good, although DirectX can fuck things up, sometimes.

#4 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

I prefer Bandicam because it plays nice with my hardware, FRAPS kills performance too much and the video files are HUGE. I have the full version, but the free one lets you record up to 10 minute clips which should be more than enough for a SF match, it does have a watermark though.

#5 Edited by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -
#6 Edited by Forcen (1836 posts) -
#7 Posted by Andorski (5345 posts) -

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay

Zero performance impact for full quality recording because it's at the driver level. No watermark. Has manual recording as well as ability to save last X minutes of gameplay.

Should be noted that Shadowplay is only supported with Kepler-based nVidia GPUs (GTX 650 and better/newer).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.