Best Local Co-Op games for PC?

#1 Posted by SGReviewRyan (25 posts) -

Hey everybody!!!!

I hope everybody is having a great day! I finally built my own super computer and have been watching QL's and Unprofessional Fridays (thank you GB for the tips on good games). I have found a lot of fun playing single player games, but on the weekend, my friends and i like to get libations and pizza and play some local co-op. I've found some great games thanks to this site's videos, but i'm new to the site.
So I was wondering if anybody had any tips on some really fun local Co-Op games? The ones we enjoy are Hidden in Plain Sight, Mount Your Friends (FOR THE GAMEPLAY! LOL), and Trials Fusion. I'm kind of looking for shared screen games, and not ones that divide up the monitor.
Any help in advance would be much appreciated, and thank you again! I will be handing out free Air High Fives to anybody who can help!

#2 Posted by csl316 (8775 posts) -

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

#3 Edited by Amafi (775 posts) -

I really like all the lego games. Some of the best co-op games ever. Monaco's good too, and less co-op, but you really can't ever go wrong with nidhogg and divekick.

You should also check out co-optimus . They have a lot of filters to narrow stuff down and a pretty comprehensive database.

#4 Posted by mikeeegeee (1565 posts) -
#5 Posted by Amafi (775 posts) -

@sgreviewryan:

The Trine games are pretty good. But if you're eating pizza and having a good time with a few friends, uh, definitely Gang beasts.

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot Trine. Fantastic games.

#6 Posted by SGReviewRyan (25 posts) -

Wow! Thank you for the good ideas! I have the Trine Games and they are a lot of fun. Isn't Gang Beasts coming to steam tomorrow?

#7 Posted by Amafi (775 posts) -

Oh, also get crawl. It's better with a full team of humans, but even with just two and filling the other slots with AI it's still a good time.

#8 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1801 posts) -

Magicka is a lot of stupid fun.

#9 Posted by Hone_McBone (153 posts) -

Castle Crashers, Rocksmith, Worms, Spelunky, basically just load up Steam & look under the local co op tag.

#10 Posted by JCTango (1363 posts) -
#11 Posted by SGReviewRyan (25 posts) -

I can't believe the fun we had last night playing some of these recommendations! Just wanted to say thank you to everybody!

I bought Gang Beasts on Steam and we could not get the controllers to work. Is anybody else having this problem or know of a fix? It's very frustrating and I've looked everywhere and can't find a fix.

Thanks again and if anybody comes across any new "gems" please let me know! Thanks!

Ryan

#12 Posted by Undrey (37 posts) -

I can't believe the fun we had last night playing some of these recommendations! Just wanted to say thank you to everybody!

I bought Gang Beasts on Steam and we could not get the controllers to work. Is anybody else having this problem or know of a fix? It's very frustrating and I've looked everywhere and can't find a fix.

Thanks again and if anybody comes across any new "gems" please let me know! Thanks!

Ryan

Not really, even PS3 controllers work. You should try contacting the devs on Twitter.

@boneloaf@gangbeasts

#13 Posted by Realmjumper (3 posts) -

One of the best games is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Local co-op is awesome in that game both on console AND PC.

#14 Posted by Enuff (28 posts) -

One of the best games is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Local co-op is awesome in that game both on console AND PC.

Holy shit I almost forgot that one. I have to dust off my gamecube and call my brother, NOW!!!

Anyway, Castle crashers is a lot of fun co-op!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.