Best Local co-op PC games

#1 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

Managed to hook my laptop up to the main TV of the common room of my accommodation at the uni I'm temporarily studying at in Japan for the next year - the only other console they have is an N64 and I was hoping to play something a little more current. 
 
Have got Trine, Split/Second, Left 4 Dead 2, Guitar Hero World Tour (and a couple of controllers) and was looking for some other PC games that could handle local multiplayer either via Split-screen or screen sharing (whether officially or via mods/hacks). Laptop's pretty beefy so system requirements aren't an issue. Any tips?

#2 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

Anyone?

#3 Edited by Driadon (3029 posts) -

anything on this concept page would work. I'm personally partial to the Civ games. Also, if you happen to have a controller that isn't for guitar hero you can plug into your laptop, Magic: The Gathering - Battle of the Planeswalkers can do some local co-op.

#4 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -
#5 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

Serious Sam (not the HD rereleases) feature split-screen.
#6 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

I just found this cool site, it has lists of games and you can filter for stuff like local coop and platform and more.
 
http://www.co-optimus.com/

#7 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
@Forcen said:
" Cortex Command has local coop/vs up to four players, and you can get it cheap in The humble Indie Bundle. But get it quick because the offer ends in four hours.
Shatter has coop if you like that pong/breakout thing, probably on Steamsale now. 
Madballs in Babo:Invasion
Unreal Tournament 3 Can't think of any more. "
The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.  
 
Have shatter and UT3 already though, but didn't know about the local multi, thanks.
#8 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -
@Vitor said:
" The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.   "
Yep, you get one Steam key for all the games, only three of them are on Steam right now though. Buy it quick!
#9 Posted by Driadon (3029 posts) -
@Forcen said:
" I just found this cool site, it has lists of games and you can filter for stuff like local coop and platform and more.
 
http://www.co-optimus.com/ "
Handy! Thanks for this
#10 Posted by EkajArmstro (397 posts) -

This is kind of random, but the best local coop PC games I remember are Cyber Dogs and NHL 2003.

#11 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
@Forcen said:
" @Vitor said:
" The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.   "
Yep, you get one Steam key for all the games, only three of them are on Steam right now though. Buy it quick! "
Done, bought - split my money between the devs and child's play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.