Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Best Local co-op PC games

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Managed to hook my laptop up to the main TV of the common room of my accommodation at the uni I'm temporarily studying at in Japan for the next year - the only other console they have is an N64 and I was hoping to play something a little more current. 

Have got Trine, Split/Second, Left 4 Dead 2, Guitar Hero World Tour (and a couple of controllers) and was looking for some other PC games that could handle local multiplayer either via Split-screen or screen sharing (whether officially or via mods/hacks). Laptop's pretty beefy so system requirements aren't an issue. Any tips?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vitor

Anyone?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

anything on this concept page would work. I'm personally partial to the Civ games. Also, if you happen to have a controller that isn't for guitar hero you can plug into your laptop, Magic: The Gathering - Battle of the Planeswalkers can do some local co-op.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By Forcen
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Serious Sam (not the HD rereleases) feature split-screen.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forcen

I just found this cool site, it has lists of games and you can filter for stuff like local coop and platform and more.

http://www.co-optimus.com/

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vitor
    @Forcen said:
    " Cortex Command has local coop/vs up to four players, and you can get it cheap in The humble Indie Bundle. But get it quick because the offer ends in four hours.
    Shatter has coop if you like that pong/breakout thing, probably on Steamsale now. 
    Madballs in Babo:Invasion
    Unreal Tournament 3 Can't think of any more. "
    The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.  

Have shatter and UT3 already though, but didn't know about the local multi, thanks.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Forcen
    @Vitor said:
    " The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.   "
    Yep, you get one Steam key for all the games, only three of them are on Steam right now though. Buy it quick!
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Driadon
    @Forcen said:
    " I just found this cool site, it has lists of games and you can filter for stuff like local coop and platform and more.

http://www.co-optimus.com/ "
    Handy! Thanks for this
    ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ekajarmstro

This is kind of random, but the best local coop PC games I remember are Cyber Dogs and NHL 2003.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vitor
    @Forcen said:
    " @Vitor said:
    " The humble Indie Bundle gives out Steam keys now, right? Was the only thing keeping me from grabbing it earlier - mainly wanted it for Machinarium anyway.   "
    Yep, you get one Steam key for all the games, only three of them are on Steam right now though. Buy it quick! "
    Done, bought - split my money between the devs and child's play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.