best site to build pc on

#1 Posted by MrT (162 posts) -

It's been over five years since I've built a pc. What are the best sites to build a pc on? Last time I bought 90% of my stuff from nee egg.

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

NCIX and Newegg are the two big ones, Newegg is easier to browse but NCIX has better sales and bundles.

#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

I used CyberPower. I only spent about $60 more than I would've if I built it myself ordering part from NewEgg.

#4 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Ncix is awesome. Crazy discounts. Just bought a 27" monitor, 150$ difference from newegg(.ca)

#5 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

Try PcPartPicker. It lets you compare shop a number of vendors. I find price may not always be best gauge since shipping and taxes can make it more expensive depending on where you live. I used is site and ended up buying only from Amazon and NCIX. Pretty great, lets you save your build and compares parts to check for compatibility issues. http://pcpartpicker.com/

#6 Posted by MrT (162 posts) -

How is ibuypower, my one buddy insists that is the site I use.

#7 Posted by PatchRowcester (215 posts) -

I found a combination of parts from Amazon and NewEgg.

There are times when Amazon has better deals than NewEgg.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.