Best Video Game Genre

#1 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Yeah, so what's your favorite game genre?

#2 Posted by Matrixfart (11 posts) -

So much to like. :D
But when it all boils down, it has to be RTS.

#3 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Fighting and RPG.

#4 Posted by Jaconius (145 posts) -

I must say, I love the Tactical  RPG genre. I'm also a big fan of FPS/Puzzle games as well.

#5 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Action Adventure/Shooter (Tomb Raider, Uncharted, GTA, etc)

#6 Posted by blackwolf (24 posts) -

RPG's and the occasional FPS

#7 Posted by VACkillers (1059 posts) -

wow this is DAMN HARD man..... -grumbles-

I just dont know lmao... i'll just list what i like hows that?   :)  
First-Person Shooters
RPGs (if done right) like Neverwinter nights
RTS Genre.....

#8 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Well, for me, it's pretty much all about first-person shooters. I play my share of RTS and sports games as well, though. Very few action games, and I play almost no RPGs (I hate 'em, frankly).

#9 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Shooters no doubt.

#10 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -

I used to be full on RTS, but somehow just fell out of that and picked up FPS.

#11 Posted by DazbotAthertron (875 posts) -

FPS and RPG's

#12 Edited by Axersia (1613 posts) -

On the PC, probably RPG and FPS.

#13 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

Definitely FPS first, then RPG's

#14 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -

Cant decide cause alot are really good. But top three are rpg, rts and fps

#15 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

MMORPG, FPS, RTS in that order

#16 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Action/Adventure games and RPGs for me.

#17 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

JRPGs Then other RPGs then RTS then FPS then action, hack and slash adventure etc.

I actually enjoy all genres

#18 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

RTS and MMOs on PC

#19 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

I don't have the skill to be good at RTS and I don't have the time commitment to play RPGs.

It's all about the shooters.

#20 Posted by VaultBoy (194 posts) -

I find these days I'm most attracted to playing turn-based strategy or tactical games.  While I appreciate and enjoy their real-time counterparts, I like having the depth turn-based gaming provides.  I can weigh the combat effectiveness of each unit and strategize how best to employ them.

#21 Posted by NeoTheta (222 posts) -

It depends on my mood, but overall, my favorite genre is Action/RPG hybrids.(Like the STALKER series, Diablo, BioShock, and others) I also really enjoy RTS and TBS(Turn-based Strategy) games.

#22 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

In no order these are my fav

RTS
RPG
FPS
FPS/RPG hybrids have got to be my favorite atm though thanks to STALKER!!!!!!!!1 Cant wait for Clear Sky, it looks so damn good.

#23 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Kevin said:
"I don't have the skill to be good at RTS and I don't have the time commitment to play RPGs.

It's all about the shooters.
"

Hahaha thats *so* totally me. I should add you as a friend for just those reasons, LOL.

Although - I love the classic RTS games (that really didn't require skill) like Red Alert, where the winner is the one who just led a bigass tank armada into the enemy base. That's the kind of RTS games I love. I like Rome:Total War too...it was rather addicting.  But these CoH Dawn of War kind of games that are much harder I really couldn't get into...

FPS games are hard to but I'm so used to them I can pick up any one and be able to do well on the hardest difficulties.
#24 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -
Black_Raven said:
"In no order these are my fav

RTS
RPG
FPS
FPS/RPG hybrids have got to be my favorite atm though thanks to STALKER!!!!!!!!1 Cant wait for Clear Sky, it looks so damn good.
"
Yah! Clear Sky is gonna pwn

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.