Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

BFBC2 Single player - Makes me wish BC1 was on PC

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DG991

I know battlefield Bad Company 2 is all about the multiplayer.... that is why I bought it after all. 
     But I have heard in past giantbomb podcasts about how fun the characters were in the first Bad company game.  Well I only game on my PC so I never played the first because it was never released on PC.
    So a few nights ago I got bored waiting for a friend to get online and started playing the single player. I had heard pretty bad things about it so I guess I was surprised to see that it was actually a pretty nice everyday action FPS... not mw2 action packed, but still a competent shooter. But after a few hours I quickly noticed something....  
    Who the FUCK are these characters and how did they get here? 

You just end up in the middle of a snow storm with 4 dudes, a average white guy (you), a guy from jersey thats a nerd or something, some red neck , and a black dude who is OLD apparently and wants to retire....  
     I feel like I just walked into a party and I don't know anyone... fucking introduce them to me or something I have no idea who they are!  

And the famous dialog between the characters that I heard so much about from the first game must have been cut back... I heard bits and pieces here and there.... at one point (a non cut scene) The three guys are talking about how the red neck ( haggard i think his name is.... wish they introduced this faggot) can speak Spanish cause he lives close to the border and he can pronounce every name on the taco bell menu.  That was sort of funny. I think I remember hearing in one podcast your squad just hangs back too much so your always running ahead shooting and you might miss a lot of the conversations.... This probably is true. 

But anyways... fuck man.... they should of released BC1 on PC....or do it now... better late then never. BC2 single player had potential but it is very hard to enjoy it when you didn't play the first and don't know the characters, and those awesome conversations are useless if you can't hear them when your squad is jacking off  a klick behind you. 

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ATrevelan

BC 1 is worth it just for the squad banter, and a few other moments. A squadmate basically doing a Russian jig over an international border comes to my mind...

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DG991

Did you read the part about how I wish BC1 was on the PC?  

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

That is my problem with the BC2 singleplayer. They scrapped all of the events of the first game, and greatly reduced the personalities of your squad-mates. 

So yeah, you shouldn't know who they are, because they never explained how those characters got there. 

I personally would appreciate a true sequel to BC1 in terms of plot, and scrap the story of BC2, because it was pretty pitiful.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

I don't even know which story from the two games are canon, solely because of the fact that the two stories have no relation to each other. I sure hope it was the first one. Unfortunately, I think they'll make the second game canon because its ending opens up the possibility of a sequel.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops

If they had the squad banter from BC! and the improved gameplay and set pieces from BC2, it would have been a fantastic SP on PC.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jayross
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " I don't even know which story from the two games are canon, solely because of the fact that the two stories have no relation to each other. I sure hope it was the first one. Unfortunately, I think they'll make the second game canon because its ending opens up the possibility of a sequel. "
    BC1's ending also had a good potential for a sequel, no?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Jayross said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " I don't even know which story from the two games are canon, solely because of the fact that the two stories have no relation to each other. I sure hope it was the first one. Unfortunately, I think they'll make the second game canon because its ending opens up the possibility of a sequel. "
    BC1's ending also had a good potential for a sequel, no? "
    At least the first game resolves what happens to the squad, unlike in the second game where it sends the message that these guys will be back.
    Avatar image for theineffablebob
    TheIneffableBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By TheIneffableBob

I would like BC1 to come to the PC, but I highly doubt it will ever come. DICE said that porting BC1 maps to BC2 would take a lot of work due to all of the changes they made to their engine. So porting BC1 to the PC on the latest version of Frostbite seems unlikely.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Alex_V

Well I feel differently. Really found all the wise-assery in the first game a total turn-off and really rather childish. So I'm delighted the new game pares down all of that in favour of great action - I prefer the BC2 single-player to any of the Call of Duty equivalents.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

With the type of shit user say posting on the DICE forums "in the name of PC gamers" I'm surprised they even released BC2 for PC. I'm just glad they don't take such jerks as the standard personality of PC Battlefield players.

BC2 on PC had enough changes to scare the shit out of the PCBF fundamentalists. Announcing BC1 for PC before outlining BF3 details would cause 90's LA style cyber riots.

I would love to have BC1 singleplayer on PC, but would rather have the BC1 multiplayer maps put into BC2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.