Building a Gaming PC, help

#1 Edited by OtakuGamer (1227 posts) -

If I go with the FX 6350, I can get a better video card such as the AMD 7950 but if I go for the Intel Core i5-4670k, I will have to comprise the video card to the GTX 660. It is likely that if I was to go for the latter, I would upgrade the 660 to something like the 770 in a few months’ time.

This is mainly for gaming purposes than video editing, photo editing etc.

I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I keep hearing the AMD CPUs isn't all that good and it will bottleneck high-end GPUs etc.

Thanks

#2 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

You heard right. Intel builds tend to have longer legs for upgrading the GPU.

My ancient dual core i5 still pushes hard on a GTX770. Yeah I overclocked it to 4.2ghz, but the point stands.

#3 Posted by TruthTellah (8722 posts) -

@otakugamer: I think your choice of the Intel build is your best bet.

Also, I like your Eru-Erufu user pic. :)

#4 Edited by markini6 (445 posts) -

@otakugamer: The new Nvidia 760 is supposed to be released on June 25th (this coming Tuesday) for $240 - $299, should be at around 7950 and 670 levels of performance, maybe a bit more. A happy compromise?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.