Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Building a pc with a dell dimension c521

kenfo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been trying to research on what to buy for this computer but I'm getting no luck. So If someone would be kind enought to help I would appreciate it greatly....consoles aren't doing much for me anymore.

Specs are:

Processor
    Processor speed2000.0 MHz
    Processor typeAthlon 64 3500+
    Memory
    Memory size1024.0 MB
    Display
    Monitor model numberDell E177FP
    Display typeLCD
    Display size17.0 inches
    Graphics
    Video BusPCI Express
    Primary Graphics ChipsetATI Radeon X1300
    Video Memory TypeDDR
    Storage
    Other storageFive-in-one media-card reader
    Raid typenone
    Drive size160.0 GB
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

You mean you have that PC already and you're trying to upgrade it? Honestly you'd have to replace just about everything to get playable settings on modern games. That includes the case, because a lot of pre-built PCs (including that Dell) have "slimline" cases that won't fit larger, high-end video cards.

Check Geno's sticky for some advice on hardware to pick.

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dauthi693

Honestly its that old there is no upgrade path since the tech is older than both curent gen consoles.

It is time to start from scratch.

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its also a BTX mounted system which reversed where the motherboard outputs are. In laymans terms if you were to put a new motherboard in the connectors would all be facing the front of the box so unless you wanted to also cut the front off the box you couldn't access them to plug anything in. (Mouse, keyboard, sound etc)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.