Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Buying a new SSD

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think my SSD is on the way out. in the last couple of months I have been getting frequent app crashes and BSOD. Then when I boot the bios does not detect my SSD until a restart again. I have a OCZ vertex 3 which I bought in 2011. Is there anyway I could test to confirm the issue is with the SSD? Also If I have to buy a new SSD what is a good budget 240-256GB model that is on par with my current SSD? Thanks for the help.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jimmi

You could try the AS SSD benchmarker to see if the speed or anything is suffering. That might be a sign that it needs to be replaced. Not sure about other methods of troubleshooting for SSDs though, sorry. If it's a reproducible issue maybe try switching it out for another HD or SSD if you have one kicking around and see if you still have the issues with a different storage device. If so, it's another component that is the problem.

You could also try combing though this forum thread to see if there's anything helpful there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.