Buying new speakers

#1 Posted by eviant (23 posts) -

Hi people

I've been around the internet for the past hour looking at reviews and opinions about different speakers, but haven't really ended up on anything. 
So I was wondering what the GB community might recommend!  

I've been looking at the Creative Gigaworks T3 and Gigaworks T40 II, but I'm willing to go higher in price.
The most important for me is the sound quality of music. Games come second as I usually play with a headset.  

Any suggestion is appreciated =) 

#2 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -

Personally i like these,

Logitech Z-2300 
#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Don't want to go into 5.1 sound?

I have the Z-5500s and they work great for my consoles but I could use em on my PC too.

#4 Posted by bjorno (1411 posts) -

get these
 http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php/p/swan-m200mkiii/products_id/121

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5251 posts) -

I got my Logitech Z-5300s and those have lasted me a good while.

#6 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

Just do this, it's much cheaper:

#7 Posted by NeoNightmareX (59 posts) -

I own the Logitech Z-5500's and they are astounding. It might be a bit out of the range that you want but they are great 5.1 speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-THX-Certified-Digital-Surround-Speaker/dp/B0002WPSBC/

#8 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -
@eezo said:
" Personally i like these,

Logitech Z-2300  "
hey! Thats what I have! Fuck 5.1 6.1 or 7.1 I don't have enough places to put that many speakers. This makes is soooo much easier.
#9 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -
@Jack_Daniels said:
" @eezo said:

Logitech Z-2300  "
hey! Thats what I have! Fuck 5.1 6.1 or 7.1 I don't have enough places to put that many speakers. This makes is soooo much easier. "
im still using my stock 2.1 speakers i got with my dell like 4 years ago hehe, if im gonna play games "proper" i just use my headset anyway also got a fatality soundcard...
#10 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@eezo said:

Logitech Z-2300  "
These are what i got a few months ago, i'm really liking them so far.
#11 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

buy something with Digital audio input

#12 Posted by slider7 (11 posts) -

If you want real sound you should get some passive monitors (unpowered so you don't need to buy a separate amplifier) and figure out how to connect it to your PC output. You can probably do it easily in most cases with a few cables and a small converter, also cheap. Then you get REAL sound for something like 300 euros. There is a huge difference if you are an audiophile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.