Can anyone recommend a good coop free-to-play game??

#1 Posted by rambostyrer (35 posts) -

Me and a buddy of mine have been playing a lot of different free-to-play lately, (LoL, Blacklight retribution, Lotr online) but haven't found anything that we both really enjoyed, and I would like to hear if anyone out there could recommend a free-to-play game with a heavy focus on co-op gameplay.

Genre doesn't really matter, but competitive games like LoL just isn't something we enjoy to play together, and the gameplay mechanics in Lotr Online just got too clunky, and with way too much padding involved.

So if anyone could give a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I'm Team Fortressing 2 so hard right now.

The new Mann vs Machine mode might just be the co-op goodness you're seeking.

#3 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

Super Monday Night Combat perhaps?

#4 Posted by sleeping143 (66 posts) -

Orcs Must Die 2 is great co-op!

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5719 posts) -

@mosdl said:

Super Monday Night Combat perhaps?

Yep, especially with the new co-op mode.

#7 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1472 posts) -

I think TF2 just made your wish come true.

#8 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

Yeah, Team Fortress 2 is the way to go. I really love the new cooperative mode right now.

#9 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

I would Second Alien Swarm... great little game that is...

Fallen Earth

Star Trek Online

APB Reloaded

War Inc. Battlezone

Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield Play4Free (free BF2 basically)

That is about all I can think of thats any decent.. lot of those are still pay-to-win scenarios though....

#10 Posted by audioBusting (1672 posts) -
#13 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Mass Effect 3's coop is my favorite to date, and seeing how there's an exploitatively designed free2play-like mystery box microtransaction scheme attached to it, I'd say it should be your poison of choice. At this point, you'll likely get Mass Effect 3 for dollar. I'd buy that for a dollar (well - I already bought it for 90$ - so there's that).

#14 Posted by cloudnineboya (844 posts) -

warframe would be cool with friends, i only play online and that can be loads of fun.

#15 Posted by cloudnineboya (844 posts) -

OK, Who's the bitch who keeps bumping old fucking posts that i keep posting in lately. !!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.