Can this laptop play games?

#1 Edited by Eddiejes (20 posts) -
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Mobile P8700 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.53GHz 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache
Video Card: ATi Mobile Radeon HD4650 512MB Video
MEMORY: 4GB

I'm just looking to buy a new laptop and I stumbled upon this one. Can it play Empire Total War and Dawn of War 2, and if so on what settings?
If it doesnt work any suggestions?, My budget is 1,000
#2 Posted by MB (12020 posts) -
@Eddiejes: The link now goes to the generic page which can then lead to different configurations...so we're not going to be able to help you unless you list the specs of how you're going to configure the machine.
#3 Posted by Eddiejes (20 posts) -
@MB said:
" @Eddiejes: The link now goes to the generic page which can then lead to different configurations...so we're not going to be able to help you unless you list the specs of how you're going to configure the machine. "
Sorry about that
#4 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Looks pretty decent. You should be able to play most games at fairly high settings with that.

#5 Posted by Ben_H (3312 posts) -

It'll play minesweeper maxed, it may even handle solitaire with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

#6 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

Yeah, you will be able to play some games with that machine but if you are going to primarly play games on a future laptop you will want better specs.

#7 Posted by Almak (90 posts) -

I don't know about Total War but I can guarantee it will run DOW2 (medium to high'ish settings). I ran it on my laptop which has pretty much exactly half the computing power of that one.

#8 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Should be fine for moderate to high settings in current gen games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.