Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Can't capture images with printscreen...

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

I'm trying to capture images in games with the printscreen key, but when I go to paste the picture off my clipboard to irfanview, all I get is an image of my desktop, like my game is minimized. Does anyone know how to get printscreen to actually catch an image of the game I'm playing? This has only started happening since I started using my new rig, which has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit installed. Also, Fraps is loading onto some of my games and not others, so I can't capture video on a lot of games as well. 

Anyone got a fix for me?

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Raven

I think it might have something to do with hardware acceleration, use Fraps to take screenshots/videos of your games, not only will it work but you don't need to minimize the game and paste  every screenshot into paint.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jmrwacko

See, thing is, Fraps isn't working with all games either. For example, it doesn't work with Red Faction Guerrilla, strangely enough. I'll try taking screenshots with it on World in Conflict though.

Update: Nah, I just tried loading Fraps onto world in Conflict, and it didn't work. I think the problems must be connected.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Raven

Yes that is strange, I have no idea what might be causing that, are you using the latest version of fraps? I did a quick search and this doesn't seem to be a common problem on windows 7 64bit, but I might be wrong.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jmrwacko

This may or may not be a cracked version of Fraps that I may or may not have paid for that may or may not be version 2.8.2. :-/

But I don't think its the Fraps version that's the problem here, because my screen images aren't saving to the clipboard correctly either, and that has nothing to do with Fraps.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By PureRok

Are you running Windows 7 and/or DirectX 11?

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Fraps doesn't work on all games.  I noticed it doesn't work on Empire Total War.  Instead you have to download Infraview and set it to take a screenshot every 5 seconds or something.  You can't take screenshots whenever you want but it's better than nothing.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By super_machine

Just hit the "any" key. Nah, I wish I knew. Maybe it has something to do with the graphics card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.