Collectors editions on PC..

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

I'm starting to get frustrated with limited/collectors editions not coming out on PC. I'm kind of a sucker for them, especially if they come with a statue but time and time again the PC version will never get one and it bums me out.

Have you guys noticed this, if so, do you care?

#2 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I have ordered a few collectors edition with dumb statues and never saw a case where the console had one and the PC didn't, are you talking about any specific game?

#3 Posted by Zidd (1846 posts) -

More companies should do what Valve did with Half-Life 2. You preorder on steam and they ship you the collectors edition extras (minus disc) when the game comes out.

#4 Posted by madman356647 (268 posts) -

@mr_skeleton: saints row 4 for example. I wanted to get it, but it wasn't available for pc without convincing GameStop staff.

That said, I think the big thing is most of games are distributed digitally (Steam, Origin, uPlay, etc). Because of that, I imagine publishers figure "what's the point?" and don't care bout it.

It's a bummer, but then again, would stores be willing to potentially hang on to excess collectors copies of games?

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@mr_skeleton: Recently, Saints Row IV (the super dangerous wub wub edition) and any Arkham Origins collecters editions. Also when they are out on PC you have to preorder them ridiculously early or else you miss out which is a bummer.

#6 Posted by Rayderzet (24 posts) -

I bought the Battlefield 3 Limited edition but then the Premium came out :(

#7 Edited by subyman (622 posts) -

Maybe they are doing you a favor? :) Anytime they don't make a PC collectors edition, give the extra $30 to a local charity instead.

#8 Edited by dgtlty (159 posts) -

I was bummed the special editions of Arkham Origins aren't getting a PC version.

#9 Edited by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

Sometimes the reason why the special edition dont come to PC is because the PC verison already has the added stuff in it. Not always though I know there was a couple games this happened to but cant remember them off hand right this second. I always thought the collector/special edition versions of games for PC was actually becoming a much more comon thing now then it has ever done in the past! Look at games like Battlefield 3 with the Limited edition, EVE-online just coming out with one, you got Star Citizen with multiple packages and editions, same with Planet Annihilation, There is bound to be a special edition for X-Rebirth you can almost count on that, Assasins Creed I believe has one doesn't it? Tomb Raider aswell as every mass effect game has had one if im not mistaken? Its a shame Arkham and Saints Row dont, might come later though?

#10 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -

You're better off without those tacky statues anyway.

#11 Posted by Shingatsu (44 posts) -

I bought the Battlefield 3 Limited edition but then the Premium came out :(

I did the same .__.

#12 Edited by Devildoll (880 posts) -

@shingatsu:

that premium edition came out a while after though, buy yeah i agree, having to pay another 50 buck for that sucked.

especially since they released an edition including the premium for like 50, people who already had the game should have gotten it for 10

@madman356647

why would you buy something at gamestop?

I checked, and here in sweden we will be getting wub wub for pc, if you have some luck, stores over at your place might start updating their info closer to launch.

#13 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

@shingatsu:

that premium edition came out a while after though, buy yeah i agree, having to pay another 50 buck for that sucked.

especially since they released an edition including the premium for like 50, people who already had the game should have gotten it for 10

@madman356647

why would you buy something at gamestop?

I checked, and here in sweden we will be getting wub wub for pc, if you have some luck, stores over at your place might start updating their info closer to launch.

Same thing for me as well, was a pitty we should have had some sort of a better deal as we pre-ordered the limited edition, I think premium is available now though for BF4 isn't it? but thats typical of dice :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.