[Community Project] PC Gaming Hub - Let's play games together!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by Swoxx (3018 posts) -

@Raakill: @PeasantAbuse: @TobbRobb: Invites sent!

Also, get on IRC, most of the impromptu game playing gets decided there, such as our 5 hour arma2 game.

#152 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5098 posts) -

@Swoxx: Thanks!

#153 Posted by Bloodlines (178 posts) -
#154 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
#155 Posted by BabyChooChoo (5293 posts) -

Guild Wars and SMNC player ova here!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#156 Edited by shinboy630 (1323 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Sign me up for Guild Wars! I can be an officer too if needed seeing as I know pretty much all their is to know about that game (as kinda sad as that is).

Edit: Forgot to add my Guild Wars ign. Uber Shinboy.

#157 Posted by Messier (243 posts) -
#158 Posted by JeanLuc (3795 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Put me down as a Super MNC beta player.

#159 Posted by Bigby (22 posts) -

I can put in a vote for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

#160 Edited by BabyChooChoo (5293 posts) -

Any GW players want to start running some HoM stuff this week? That or at least comes up with a schedule of what we'll we do and when we'll do it.

edit: PM me or add me or Steam @ Baby Choo Choo

#161 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo said:

Any GW players want to start running some HoM stuff this week? That or at least comes up with a schedule of what we'll we do and when we'll do it.

edit: PM me or add me or Steam @ Baby Choo Choo

I've been a little busy, I'll update the OP tonight.
#162 Posted by rynbeed (147 posts) -

@JCTango: I'll add you to my steam friends when I get home.

Gaming has slowed a bit now that school has started, I might end up blocking out a weekend night for TF2/L4D so I don't go totally crazy.

#163 Posted by LtSquigs (284 posts) -

Hey guys. The Tested/Giant Bomb TF2 server is back up if you want to use it for event stuff.

#164 Posted by Catfish666 (207 posts) -

Just found this, but better late than never, right?

I play single player games a lot, not to mention that I have a killer backcatalogue, but this is my current MP game list:

- Left 4 Dead, never gets old. would be fun to get premade teams for versus.

- Space Marine, find the horde mode alot of fun.

- Payday, forgot this after like 3 games, but would like to try again

- Borderlands, yeah, why not.

- Renegade Ops, been meaning to play more of this since I got the gamepad.

- Magicka, bought it from summer sale and still 0hrs in. Anyone?

- League of Legends, kinda new at this, but I've played my share of MOBAs before, reliable teammates always appreciated.

Best just check out my steam profile to see what I'm playing. I also hang out occasionally at the IRC channel.

#165 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@Messier :  @JCTango :   @Bloodlines : Added to the requested co-op games.

@Raakill: @Xel: Added to Street Fighter. Talk to @scarace360: about the fightnight!

@TobbRobb:  Nothing is happening with LoL, no one will take initiative with it, and I don't play it. 

@shinboy630: @BabyChooChoo:  Added to Guild Wars, do you know of anyone else who wants to play it from GB? And how do you suggest I proceed? Are there dedicated servers etc... ? 

@Messier: Added. Don't forget to join the Steam group for the TF2 pop-ups. 

@BabyChooChoo:  @JeanLuc : Added to Super MNC. How can I get you guys to get together? are there game lobbies or what? 

@LtSquigs said: 

Hey guys. The Tested/Giant Bomb TF2 server is back up if you want to use it for event stuff.

Thanks a lot! Well schedule this Saturday's events on the Tested server then. IP please? 

P.S. We now have a GB Community Gaming Hub IRC channel where we chit chat and propose impromtu runs of random games. Feel free to connect and use it to chat.  http://webchat.quakenet.org/  channel is gb_gaming_hub
#166 Posted by Sacerdos87 (166 posts) -

You can add me to SuperSFIV AE GFWL ID: Mohawkny115

Steam ID: Mohawk

#167 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1511 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic:Guild Wars is simple enough where you just launch and do a quest together or something.

#168 Posted by RetroVirus (1543 posts) -

Put me down for Super MNC, TF2, and L4D2.

#169 Edited by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -

• All new schedule including all the scheduled & ready-to-go bombing runs!  P.S. You don't have to commit to anything to be able to play, feel free to jump in and run with other duders whenever you want to. 
Schedule will be updated weekly.  

DayGame  One Run (NA & EU)European RunNorth American RunServer
 Monday - Jan 23rdMount & Blade: Warband   5:30 pm Eastern/10:30 pm UK  [x][x]Announced in Steam group before event 
Tuesday - Jan 24thBattlefield 3  [x]8:00 pm UK6:30 pm Pacific/9:30 EasternUS Server
Wednesday - Jan 25thSuper Monday Night Combat [beta] 5:30 pm Eastern/10:30 pm UK   [x][x]Steam invitations (Come on Mumble to get one)
Wednesday - Jan 25thTrackmania 2: Canyon [x]8:00 pm UK5:00 pm Pacific/8:00 pm EasternJeff's GB Server
Thursday - Jan 26thRed Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 6:30 pm Eastern/11:30 pm UK     [x][x]Announced in Steam group before event 
Thursday - Jan 26thSuper Street Fighter IV: AE 8:30 pm Eastern/1:30 pm UK [x][x] Add "warcraft360" to your GFWL
Friday - Jan 27thArmA II Free (free2play) 4:30 pm Eastern/09:30 pm UK     [x][x]Search for "bwgbl" in filters then hit OK then Refresh
Saturday - Jan 28thTeam Fortress 2  [x]8:30 pm UK6:30 pm Pacific/9:30 EasternTested server (connect 8.17.251.194:27015)
Saturday - Jan 28th Company of Heroes 2:00 pm Eastern/7:00 pm UK[x] [x] Steam invitations (Come on Mumble to get one)
Sunday Jan 29thCounter Strike: Source 5:00 pm Eastern/10:00 pm UK   [x][x]Announced in Steam group before event 
Monday - Jan 30thMount & Blade: Warband  5:30 pm Eastern/10:30 pm UK   [x][x]Announced in Steam group before event 
UndecidedDota 2 Undecided  

Undecided

More detailed schedule here
#170 Posted by BabyChooChoo (5293 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I think there was a thread with quite a few people who were willing to join, but not begging for it per se. I'll look it for it and link it, send some PMs, etc. I might just make a new thread asking for folks and see what comes of it. I was thinking of making the main focus helping people finish the Hall of Monuments so that they could get the bonuses for guild wars 2. GW1 doesn't allow private servers so everything is hosted on one main server, but everything is very instanced so meeting up is literally as simple teleporting to one location, doing some quests, queuing for pvp, rinse, repeat. Meeting up in game and all that jazz is no problem, it's more or less what we're going to be doing on any given day that will be the problem since there's so much to do lol.

#171 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5030 posts) -

No terraria :(

#172 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

No terraria :(

Sure I'll add it if there are Giant Bomb members who play it. What can you tell me about it? dedicated servers? player count? etc..
#173 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

#174 Edited by 1nfinitum (220 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Ok here goes! You can put me down for... Street Fighter 4, Super MNC, DotA 2, LoL, EU3, EYE, Dead Island, L4D2, Borderlands, MW3, Magicka, Portal 2, and Dungeon Defenders.

#175 Posted by Giacomito (215 posts) -

put me down for SSFIV:AE

#176 Posted by mosdl (3388 posts) -

SMNC for me, I'll make sure our smnc steam group gets notified

#177 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
@Catfish666: Added to the requested games. 

@Sacerdos87@1nfinitum@Giacomito: Added to Street Fighter, fight night is on Thursdays at 8:30 pm Eastern/5:30 pm Pacific, add warcraft360 (@scarace360:) to your GFWL friends, he's in charge of the fight night lobby! Have a good time. 

@BabyChooChoo: Any news on Dota? 

@mosdl said:

@AhmadMetallic SMNC for me, I'll make sure our smnc steam group gets notified

I replied to you on your SMNC thread, will promote you to officer and add your group's links to the OP :) 

• @Alaska_Gamer:
  • @cryptic_code:
  • @Bloodlines:
  • @Catfish666:
  • @1nfinitum:
  •  
    Hey guys, when do you wanna play some Magicka? I just noticed there's enough of us to play it,  Already steam friends with cryptic and alaska, add me on Steam and we'll hopefully get together to play soon! ID: AhmadMetallic
    #178 Posted by jorbear (2570 posts) -

Sign me up for DOTA 2 please.

#179 Posted by Bollard (6423 posts) -

I have an interest in Super Monday Night Combat. Need to get it patched though. And also Frozen Synapse, would love to get involved in the tournament for that. [Steam ID]

#180 Posted by mosdl (3388 posts) -

We may need to stop doing smnc until they get better grouping support sadly.

#181 Posted by DrJota (722 posts) -

First things first,many thanks to everyone involved,definitely a great idea for the community.Also,if there's any interest,would not mind a bit of Civ V MP.As shown on the Quick Look and TNT for the game that was held after its release,it can be a bit time consuming,but game speeds can be changed up for quicker matches.I believe player cap's 16,and from my experience (and the fact it's turn based),latency isn't much an issue.

In regards to what's available,chalk me up for BF3,TF2,SMNC,L4D2,Magica,Borderlands,and Portal 2.My Steam name's Jaredinho,feel free to send an invite if interested.

My vote's for Mount and Blade to be added to the rotation.

#182 Posted by Catfish666 (207 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

• @Alaska_Gamer:
  • @cryptic_code:
  • @Bloodlines:
  • @Catfish666:
  • @1nfinitum:
  • Hey guys, when do you wanna play some Magicka? I just noticed there's enough of us to play it, Already steam friends with cryptic and alaska, add me on Steam and we'll hopefully get together to play soon! ID: AhmadMetallic

I'm about to leave work as of writing this and will be free in few hours. Other than that, I haven't much plans for this weekend. I'll catcha on the IRC channel.

#183 Edited by Swoxx (3018 posts) -

Looking forward to the ArmA II: Free bombing run tomorrow!

#184 Posted by cryptic_code (96 posts) -

@Catfish666 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

• @Alaska_Gamer:
  • @cryptic_code:
  • @Bloodlines:
  • @Catfish666:
  • @1nfinitum:
  • Hey guys, when do you wanna play some Magicka? I just noticed there's enough of us to play it, Already steam friends with cryptic and alaska, add me on Steam and we'll hopefully get together to play soon! ID: AhmadMetallic

I'm about to leave work as of writing this and will be free in few hours. Other than that, I haven't much plans for this weekend. I'll catcha on the IRC channel.

Best way to get my attention is to message me on Steam.

#185 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
    #186 Posted by Bloodlines (178 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

• @Alaska_Gamer:
  • @cryptic_code:
  • @Bloodlines:
  • @Catfish666:
  • @1nfinitum:

Had totally forgotten about it, added you to steam. Two sheds on steam.

#187 Posted by Thule (721 posts) -

The thread for the Starcraft 2 EU server Tournament is up: link

Please read the first post carefully. The tournament for the NA/US server is scheduled one week after the EU one. I'll post the thread for that soon.

#188 Posted by stooh (15 posts) -

I'm always up for most co-op PC stuff and team based shizzle.

• Space Marine
    • Payday
    • Magicka
    • Mount and Blade Warband
    • Dead Island
    • L4D2
    • Renegade Ops
    • TF2
    • Sins of a Solar Empire
    • BF3

Well, i buy pretty much everything so just grab me for anything off my owned list.

You can find me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/stooo

I play EU times but generally till late, from 19:00 to around 01:00-02:00 on weekdays.

#189 Posted by Thule (721 posts) -
    #190 Posted by shinboy630 (1323 posts) -

In Guild Wars it's double fame in HA weekend this weekend. Who wants to join me for some PvP?!?

#191 Posted by mosdl (3388 posts) -

Pay Day the Heist is having a free Steam weekend

#192 Posted by Matthew (2143 posts) -

I LOVE PC GAMING GUYS!!!!! AND THE MUMBLE AND IRQQQQQ

Bunch of lovable dicks you are.

. . . . not that I love dicks or anything....I mean, I have one, sure. And I love that one, but no other ones. Nope, so sir. Not for me. Except the one I have. On me. That just happens to be mine. Naturally.

#193 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1632 posts) -

Do you like Fish Sticks?

#194 Posted by Hero_Swe (1259 posts) -

Free fish sticks in the mumble

#195 Posted by Nilhelm (30 posts) -

Hey guys! I heard there were peeps playing PC games over here! I am done with that!

I love playing co-op no mather the genre!

Check out http://steamcommunity.com/id/umamasurl

I got all them good co-op hits, even some that arent that good!

#196 Posted by BitterAlmond (422 posts) -

I joined the Steam group, but there do not seem to be any new events happening. I'd be interested in playing TF2, Borderlands, Frozen Synapse, Super MNC, Tribes: Ascend, Bad Company 2, and The Ship if anyone wants to help me get in on some events.

#197 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (1018 posts) -

I have 4 invitations for super monday night combat (I presume I got it for owning MNC). If you want one, just ask.

#198 Posted by Sayishere (1852 posts) -

This still going on? loving SMNC, want to play with some duders

#199 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19303 posts) -
    @Sayishere said:

This still going on? loving SMNC, want to play with some duders

Yes the group is still alive and the duders usually suggest games in our mIRC channel and play together.  
    I've been a little busy, I'll schedule more gamenights soon.
    #200 Posted by Brunchies (2501 posts) -

I just want to know how busy this group is since it seems a little dead. Anyway I'll be up for dota 2, bad company 2, San andreas multiplayer, and paydat the heist. Also if no one is doing it, I can help set up a san andreas multiplayer server.

If you dont know what it is, here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.