Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Computer Games ( just got new Computer)

laddi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By laddi

Do any of you guys have suggestions for recently released Computer games i recently got a computer that can game and i have Dragon Age, Need for speed shift, Dragon Rising, Company Of Heroes, Red Alert 3, Fallout 3, Torchlight, and a few others but can u guys suggest a few more games for me. I like RTS and Shooter and RPG and Racing Games but also suggest games from the past that i should look into i.e KOTOR ( speaking of Kotor which platform is it better for xbox or pc

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By capt_ventris

If you like Civ style games and RTS I would go for Empire Total War or any of the last three in the series (Medieval 2 , Rome). The gamplay is quite a lot of fun, you defintly get a lot of value for money out the games and they look really cool on a PC.  Orange Box is also a good pick up as it has all of the Half Life 2 games plus Team Fortress 2 and Portal which are excellent. A few other top RTS to recommend is World in Conflict complete edtion looks great if you have a powerful rig and the story is quite a lot of fun (Think "Red Dawn"). Sins of a Solar empire combines 4x gameplay with RTS convetion (base building, pop caps) and its setting is just awesome (think several galxies) the fleet battles in it hit that battlestar galactica soft spot really well.  Umm thats all I can think of for the moment dont want to overwhelm.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

For RTS, try Empire: Total War (or Medieval II) and Sins of a Solar Empire. For FPS, try Crysis and all the Source stuff and their free mods (stuff like Neotokyo and Curse Episodes rule), maybe STALKER but maybe not since the sequel's coming soon. For RPG try The Witcher and King's Bounty (and its quasi expansion/sequel). For other stuff try Aquaria, Space Rangers 2 and Mount & Blade.

For older games browse Good old Games (don't miss stuff like Fallout 2 and Freespace 2). Not all of them are good (or that old), obviously.

Other great digital distribution platforms: Impulse & Steam. Check both of their top charts for more recommendations I guess.

Great PC centric websites: Rock Paper Shotgun (PC only). RPG Codex (not just PC but they tend to like PC style RPG titles more). Great indie games websites: TIGS. Independent Gaming. The database helps find freebies too.

Also, try this blog. Huge listings of PC games for each year from 2006 to 2010. Not all ended up good, or even already released despite being listed for past years, but it certainly shows that PC gaming is still thriving despite all the talk of its death, that's for sure. With pictures.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

Dawn of war 2 is fun and massively different from the firsts. Also, the expansion is coming out in a few months.

laddi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laddi
    @Capt_Ventris said:
    " If you like Civ style games and RTS I would go for Empire Total War or any of the last three in the series (Medieval 2 , Rome). The gamplay is quite a lot of fun, you defintly get a lot of value for money out the games and they look really cool on a PC.  Orange Box is also a good pick up as it has all of the Half Life 2 games plus Team Fortress 2 and Portal which are excellent. A few other top RTS to recommend is World in Conflict complete edtion looks great if you have a powerful rig and the story is quite a lot of fun (Think "Red Dawn"). Sins of a Solar empire combines 4x gameplay with RTS convetion (base building, pop caps) and its setting is just awesome (think several galxies) the fleet battles in it hit that battlestar galactica soft spot really well.  Umm thats all I can think of for the moment dont want to overwhelm. "
    Very helpful info thank you
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "For RTS, try Empire: Total War (or Medieval II) and Sins of a Solar Empire. For FPS, try Crysis and all the Source stuff and their free mods (stuff like Neotokyo and Curse Episodes rule), maybe STALKER but maybe not since the sequel's coming soon. For RPG try The Witcher and King's Bounty (and its quasi expansion/sequel). For other stuff try Aquaria, Space Rangers 2 and Mount & Blade.

For older games browse Good old Games (don't miss stuff like Fallout 2 and Freespace 2). Not all of them are good (or that old), obviously.

Other great digital distribution platforms: Impulse & Steam. Check both of their top charts for more recommendations I guess.

Great PC centric websites: Rock Paper Shotgun (PC only). RPG Codex (not just PC but they tend to like PC style RPG titles more). Great indie games websites: TIGS. Independent Gaming. The database helps find freebies too.

Also, try this blog. Huge listings of PC games for each year from 2006 to 2010. Not all ended up good, or even already released despite being listed for past years, but it certainly shows that PC gaming is still thriving despite all the talk of its death, that's for sure. With pictures. "

Let me sum up this entire post with the following..... 

BUY MOUNT AND BLADE, if you play it and like it, all the other games will come naturally. Its a fantastic game, its actually competing with MW2 for my time.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Anything by Valve!

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kblt
    @Gamer_152 said:
    "

Anything by Valve!

"
    Gabe Newell is almost like Peter Molyneux:
    "You can troll AAAANYTHING!"
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CornontheCobbe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky, The Orange Box, Borderlands, Modern Warfare 2 maybe?

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kblt
    @CornontheCobbe said:

" Modern Warfare 2 maybe? "

1st hand experience says no, not worth the money.

Get CoD4, Battlefield 2 and CSS or CS 1.6 for multiplayer FPS action.
    Carlozz34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Carlozz34

Deus ex and Thief, trust me.

raculot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By raculot

Dawn of War II is good, as is Sins of a Solar Empire, for RTS fun

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Star  Control 2

(google "masters of ur-quan)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.