Counter Strike Pro Mod!

#1 Posted by canadiantoastzombie (207 posts) -

Counter Strike Pro Mod comes out to day anyone going to play?

#2 Posted by anav (5 posts) -

ya may be.

#3 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

No.
#4 Posted by McPaper (255 posts) -

Ill check it out. I hope they bring some of the older maps in. Im sick of dust2.

#5 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Yukoei said:
" No. "
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Probably not.

#7 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Nein. Nej. No. Nyet. Na. Min. Ella.

#8 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

The hells a pro mod. Where's my 1.6!?

#9 Edited by Snail (8662 posts) -

Yeah... no.

#10 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

what is pro mod?

#11 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

wait wut.

#12 Posted by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -

CSPromod aims to incorporate the best of CS 1.6 and CS:Source in one, feature-packed version. With 1.6-style gameplay and Source graphics, we hope and strive to re-unite the CS community.

#13 Posted by Cirdain (3154 posts) -

Yeah

#14 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

Will it have the riot shield?

#15 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
@Darkstar614 said:
"  

CSPromod aims to incorporate the best of CS 1.6 and CS:Source in one, feature-packed version. With 1.6-style gameplay and Source graphics, we hope and strive to re-unite the CS community.

"
orly?

Sounds like something worth checking out.
#16 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I played promod today, It's come a long way since its first glitchy releases. This game won't appeal to the casual counter strike fans though.

#17 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Sound really cool. If this could actually do something to bring the two gaming communities together that would be something to marvel at.

#18 Posted by Alphawolfy (325 posts) -

Haven't really gotten into CS Source; in fact I pretty much only play Jailbreak and Zombie Mod servers. So... no.

#19 Posted by Alexander (1724 posts) -

I used to play a lot of CS:Source, not so much now and I never played 1.6, so no point for me.

#20 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

Wait what? This is news to me. Pro mod what this all about?

#21 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

sounds cool, i am downloading it right now.

#22 Edited by McPaper (255 posts) -

Ok so I played it and it seems ok. They've changed the maps and made them less cluttered. More in the style of 1.6 I would guess.
They also changed the weapon firing spray, more in tune to 1.6 I would imagine. The same with the grenade physics.

They also cleaned up the interface and have loads of options to change it. Too bad their buy menu is crappy. Primary / Secondary ammo is just a waste of time.

#23 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Yeah I'm playing, but it's not "out" is it?  Like it's still just in beta.  Very cool though.  For those wondering what is it, basically it's CSS modified to play like 1.6.  It's called Pro Mod because there are people who feel that 1.6 is built better for competition play than CSS.

#24 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -

promod is just 1.6 with prettier graphics.

#25 Edited by Three0neFive (2304 posts) -

So it's pretty much just 1.6 but ported to Source?

What the hell is the point of that? If I want 1.6 I'll play 1.6, it's not like it's aged enough to warrant a total conversion. :/

#26 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" So it's pretty much just 1.6 but ported to Source?  What the hell is the point of that? If I want 1.6 I'll play 1.6, it's not like it's aged enough to warrant a total conversion. :/ "
because why not?  If someone has done the work of modding it, then why not ditch the terrible 1.6 graphics and go play new the source version.  Also, they're upgrading to the new engine that TF2 uses.  A lot of people are playing it.  If you main 1.6, and find out people are moving to pro mod, why ever would you force yourself to continue playing 1.6.
#27 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

every beta of it has been bad so far...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.