Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Couple of Questions Before Deciding on what to Buy

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cjmabry

So I've been going back-and-forth between this question - Should I build a gaming PC or buy a Laptop?  Until now, I really haven't been able to decide, but I think I've decided on a laptop with the rationale that:   

1. The only PC exclusives I want are Starcraft II and Civ V, and anything else I'm interested in will probably run on the laptop I'll get or be on the 360, which I have.  
    2. I won't have to be secluded in my room on a desktop, as I can be on the laptop anywhere. 
    3. I will save loads of space because I won't need to buy a keyboard, monitor, etc.  

With these points in mind is there anything someone would like to see that could persuade me to go the desktop route?  

Anyways, If I were to go the laptop route, I've been thinking of getting one of these -   
    I would eventually upgrade to a 7200RPM drive if that would be beneficial. 

Questions: 
    1. Which processor would be best for gaming? I've read that Quad-Cores currently aren't being utilized by most games but will eventually be. I know nothing about Intels.
    2. Would I be able to play the games on my PC Wish List? (See below)
    3. Is there a better laptop in the price range I should be looking at?

My PC Wish List

Thanks and look forward to hearing the responses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.