Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD for 80 bucks on Amazon

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

Link. That is a crazy good deal on a really good SSD, and with all these new PC build posts I thought it would warrant posting here.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Nomin

I vouch for it. I use the drive and it so far has not failed me. The list price is a joke, but eighty bucks is a good deal.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Why is it so cheap? I'm inherently distrustful of this deal.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PillClinton

Nice, that's a damn good deal, and one I wish had existed just 2 1/2 months ago when I got mine! It's been great in my PC, and I also shoved a 64GB one in my dad's old iMac, which needed an upgrade badly. It really breathed new life into that machine.

@Ravenlight: 'cause it's a good year and a half old now, and they're probably winding down production or clearing stock for a forthcoming newer model. Or it's just Amazon having crazy deals like they're wont to do.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

@Ravenlight said:

Probably try to sell off old stock, I think the M4 was one of the first Sata 3 drives (I probably made that up) so they might be getting ready to roll out a new model?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Zelyre

@Ravenlight said:

Just moving old stock. They're slower SSDs, which are still blazingly fast. The Crucial M4s are on my top 3 SSD list. Not for speed, but for reliability. I've been using two 128's since they first came out. The only issue was that at 5000 hours, you wouldn't see your files anymore. Which was promptly resolved in a firmware update - no data was actually lost. An issue that Sandforce driven drives wish they had. On the stock installation of Skyrim, I didn't even know there were interactive load screens. Loads usually faded to black and then faded back into the game. Now? With a few dozen gigs of mods and textures, the initial load is kinda long.

The 256 gig model is $165. I'm very tempted to pick up another two.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By fattony12000

My 128GB M4 has treated me well these past several months. Remember to use dem junction links!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Stete

I have been using this for my netbook for the last 6 months and it's a great improvement so far. However I would recommend getting the 256GB version if you want to store an OS, games and Adobe stuff on it. I am using the 256GB one as a primary HD on my desktop PC and even in SATA II the difference is extraordinary. I can only imagine how good this will be on SATA III.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.