Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Damn you TNT! (new PC) (TNT=Delivers my packages)

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Benjaminvdv

So as some might know (and with some I mean like 1.2 person) I've been putting a complete new PC together, I ordered it all on Saturday with 4 different webshop (cheapest), I got some of it in on Tuesday (was given to a neighbor), I got my case on Wednesday and another package yesterday. Now yesterday I called about my videocard which had a 2 day delivery date which it still had on Wednesday, so I figured I'd call on when I would receive it, they told me it would hopefully be in this month... right like I want to wait weeks for my videocard, I mean it's my videocard, I can't do shit without it because my old videocard is still a AGP card. So I changed my order from a overclocked MSI to a overclocked Asus, I prefered the MSI, but figured it wasn't worth the wait, so they send it yesterday, so I just got home and found a note that they were here and they will try again tomorrow... why didn't they just give it to a neighbour damnit... I want my videocard! :P

Anyway my new PC specs are:

AMD Phenom II x3 710
    ATI/Asus Radeon 4890 OC at 900/4000
    4GB OCZ High performance DDR3
    MSI 770-C45 mainboard 
    BenQ G2400WD (24inch @ 1920x1200)
    Logitech G11 keyboard
    Logitech MX revolution mouse
    Samsung DVD Drive
    Corsair power supply
    NZXT Alpha case

I didn't really plan to get a new PC, but with the 360 and PS3 living a lot longer then I would like (I don't mind spending money every 4 years for a new console) I figured a PC should do, besides games such a TF2 that heavily relies on constant updates and community stuff, a PC is simply a must. Add to that that LCD panels are extremely cheap these days and they make your desk look clean, I simply had to get a new PC. ;)
    Btw I normally use a laptop (Turion 64 x2 CPU/2 gig memory, so it still has plenty of power for regular stuff), and I will continue to use it for everything but games and video, that way I will keep this PC clean. My old PC was a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ with 1 gig memory and a Geforce 6800GT, so I just couldn't do anything with that anymore, the mouse is 7 years old (still use it for my laptop because it still works great for regular stuff), the keyboard used to belong to my grandfather and has lots of burned plastic from his ciggarettes and the monitor also used to belong to him which is a 17inch CRT, so yeah, I had to get a complete new system. ;)

Now if only I had my videocard... on the plus side I am using my monitor, G11 and MX revolution. ;)
    Oh and incase anyone wonders about the price, it was about 930 euro, ofcourse if you were to buy this from a regular vendor already built you are probably looking at 1500 atleast.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Benjaminvdv

So as some might know (and with some I mean like 1.2 person) I've been putting a complete new PC together, I ordered it all on Saturday with 4 different webshop (cheapest), I got some of it in on Tuesday (was given to a neighbor), I got my case on Wednesday and another package yesterday. Now yesterday I called about my videocard which had a 2 day delivery date which it still had on Wednesday, so I figured I'd call on when I would receive it, they told me it would hopefully be in this month... right like I want to wait weeks for my videocard, I mean it's my videocard, I can't do shit without it because my old videocard is still a AGP card. So I changed my order from a overclocked MSI to a overclocked Asus, I prefered the MSI, but figured it wasn't worth the wait, so they send it yesterday, so I just got home and found a note that they were here and they will try again tomorrow... why didn't they just give it to a neighbour damnit... I want my videocard! :P

Anyway my new PC specs are:

AMD Phenom II x3 710
    ATI/Asus Radeon 4890 OC at 900/4000
    4GB OCZ High performance DDR3
    MSI 770-C45 mainboard 
    BenQ G2400WD (24inch @ 1920x1200)
    Logitech G11 keyboard
    Logitech MX revolution mouse
    Samsung DVD Drive
    Corsair power supply
    NZXT Alpha case

I didn't really plan to get a new PC, but with the 360 and PS3 living a lot longer then I would like (I don't mind spending money every 4 years for a new console) I figured a PC should do, besides games such a TF2 that heavily relies on constant updates and community stuff, a PC is simply a must. Add to that that LCD panels are extremely cheap these days and they make your desk look clean, I simply had to get a new PC. ;)
    Btw I normally use a laptop (Turion 64 x2 CPU/2 gig memory, so it still has plenty of power for regular stuff), and I will continue to use it for everything but games and video, that way I will keep this PC clean. My old PC was a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ with 1 gig memory and a Geforce 6800GT, so I just couldn't do anything with that anymore, the mouse is 7 years old (still use it for my laptop because it still works great for regular stuff), the keyboard used to belong to my grandfather and has lots of burned plastic from his ciggarettes and the monitor also used to belong to him which is a 17inch CRT, so yeah, I had to get a complete new system. ;)

Now if only I had my videocard... on the plus side I am using my monitor, G11 and MX revolution. ;)
    Oh and incase anyone wonders about the price, it was about 930 euro, ofcourse if you were to buy this from a regular vendor already built you are probably looking at 1500 atleast.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

My PS3 and 360 are sitting idle by my new PC's side.

I went for a GTX 275 instead of the 4890 for personal reasons, also using the MX revolution :) That is a badass mouse.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By cinemandrew

If your having it delivered by UPS, or USPS, you can just go pick up the card from their local distribution center/post office. I'm not sure about Fed-ex, but I'd assume it's the same. I've had to do that a few times on items that needed to be signed for. I'll probably do it again when I order the parts for my new PC build in the next week or so.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Benjaminvdv
    @cinemandrew: TNT is delivering it. I actually thought TNT was big all over the world but I just found out that it isn't. Anyway we don't have Fed-Ex here and most don't use UPS here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.