Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Do other people ruin your pc gaming experience?

Shane394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Shane394

I've recently bought a pretty badass gaming rig because I've always wanted to get into games like Counter Strike and TF2. Now That I can finally play these games, I don't want to because of the community. If I'm in an incredibly racist server, i'm in a server where people are constantly yelling "LOL!" and other internet terms into their mics. Everyone is incredibly annoying and I hear a different meme every three seconds. I havent played any of those games for a few weeks, and not im being plauged with these problems in WOW. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know any good servers full of mature players?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd

I barely ever hear someone yell LOL in their mic...

pz, baddie

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Jake_K

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. ^_-

Avatar image for babyfart_mcgeezaks
    BabyFart_McGeezaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to grief and play loud music with hlss cause it's funny when the nerds rage

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

I can't say I've ever had any online experience ruined for me other than in MMO's when someone in the group does something that screws it up for everyone else. Otherwise I don't really notice or care much if someone is throwing out racist comments or internet meme's every five minutes. That being said I've played games online now for so long you could say I'm so thick skinned about it that it just doesn't bother me, especially when I'm not really the sort to get caught up in internet drama either.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Binman88

I don't really pay any attention to the random chat in game anymore.
    I only really take notice when someone screams noobtuber at me when I use the M4 GL in COD4. Then I use it more :)

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Psyx2

Not often, but it depends on the game. In games like CS I usually don't have a problem but sometimes people act like that - but the nice thing is, you can turn voice chat off. In MMO's theres often a person who are impatient about everything and just rush, getting themselves killed.

In a game like Halo there's never NOT a person who's a jerk. I've never played Halo PC online with anyone who doesn't call you gay every few minutes and bans you from their server for winning, or someone on your team who just betrays you over and over.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

I always rarely come across these type of people on the PC, but far more on XBL...but this thread should be "do other people ruin your gaming experience?" not just PC...because these types of people are everywhere and will always be everywhere. I just find far far less of them on PC games.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd
    BabyFart_McGeezaks said:
    "I like to grief and play loud music with hlss cause it's funny when the nerds rage"

Totally off-topic but love the name, and love southpark. [ + ]
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Sir, people ruin all forms of gaming experience.  That's why multiplayer can be highly overrated most of the time.  = D

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond

First thing I always do when installing a Source engine game, turn off mics.  People act far more obnoxious when using voice chat.  Most of the time when playing 360 games online I leave the headset off (unless playing with friends).  Don't even have a headset for PS3, in Killzone 2 for example I turn the voices WAY down.

Worst online experiences were in stuff like playing BF1942 and people were constantly griefing.

Oh, and in PC games you can find frighteningly racist servers sometimes.  I remember seeing an official KKK Battlefield 2 server (seriously).  You try to pull that shit on 360 or PS3 and you can kiss your online goodbye.

Other bad thing in PC games online is when there's an asshole admin.  Deleting your counterstrike config files (if you don't have it read-only) for fun... slapping and other nonsense.

monkey523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By monkey523

My worst experiences online have been related to crappy admins/partyleaders who are eager to kick/ban without warning. Remember, the more popular a game is, the more likely you are to run into these kinds of ppl.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13  Edited By mrhankey

what servers are you playing on? Join a reputable server, ie: TF2 join a Lotus Clan Server.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

The world ruins life for me.

Wow, reading that, I now realize how emo that sounded.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Gunner

It depends on the server and who the owner is. If you have a high ranked and popular clan running the server than you wont get any racism, profanity or immaturity like you would from a random public server.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By JoelTGM

Yeah the only online game I have for PC is counter strike and when I play it there's always some kid in there who starts yelling.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By trav3ler

I've been playing online since I was 8, so I just don't even notice it anymore.  It's there, but you grow accustomed to it after a while, and it's much easier to shut them out.

Honestly, though, XBox Live is so much worse.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Never had any of those problems, but I play multiplayer games less often than others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.