Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Do you think PC gaming is dead or going to die?

• 55 results
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Cube

PC gaming has been "dying" since the 80's.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By L33tfella_H

PC gaming's on the backburner i feel. 

Console Gaming is where it's at currently, mostly cause it's convienient (in more ways than just 'you can sit down on your couch and snuggle your controller', literally any idiot could play console games) and a smaller investment at first sight (most people blow prices of pc's way out of proportion, 500-700 is guaranteed to get you a pc on par (and maybe even better) than current gen consoles when it comes to hardware power, Also, i know alot of people who count a monitor into the PC price...but in that case, why don't you count a TV [or even HDTV] into a console's price tag?) 

People also talk about the rampant piracy on PC's, but if piracy is killing off the PC, why aren't the DS, PSP, Wii or PS2 dead? (Believe me, there's plenty of pirating going on in those circles) also....what i wanna know is how do developers get piracy numbers anyway, for a multiplayer game i can understand, but how do they gauge how many people pirated a single-player game...do they scan every PC in the world? 

In any case, PC gaming isn't going to die, it's just not as relevant anymore as it used to be....nowadays, if you want to play games, you generally get a console, when it comes to PC's, main priorities are(and should be) on what else you can do on the PC.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Al3xand3r

Console gaming's been more convenient for over a decade, and for just as long people have been saying PC gaming is dead. LOL. People are simply missing the big picture, only caring about their next precious Gears of War or whatever franchise and because it's not on PC then it must be dead. Refer to my previous comments for that bigger picture if you care, there's no point in repeating.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By xplodedd

i hope publishers find a way to drown piracy that way PC gaming will come back to its old shape, as for now, its not dead... but def. smaller.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Gmanall
    PC's are like iPhones in the gaming market, lots more of piracy keep it from being the main platform but indie game makers and modders keep it afloat.   
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By killdave

Having had this same discussion 10 years ago I've come to the conclusion ... NO its not dying, its just "still" evolving

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.