Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Do you use premium mice/keyboards?

• 58 results
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ineedaname

I have a Microsoft X6 sidewinder keyboard, it's pretty awesome, keys could be a little bigger, but the ability to take of the number pad, is awesome for desk space.
    The mouse I use is a Saitek Cyborg, the mouse itself is ugly, and the resize function is rather useless, I also had some trouble with the software and it wouldn't let me bind any keys, but that's where it's awesome, it's got about 8 free buttons that I often bind numbers for weapons/spells, and also C for when I'm playing L4D2 I can use it to talk.

I think it makes a big difference really, I wouldn't say I've noticed a change in skill, but I like using them alot more.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I use a Logitech MX Revolution / 5500 Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard combo.  Fantastic range and works on almost any surface.   I do this because I also use a 32" 1080p LCD TV  as my monitor in my loungeroom.  That said, I think that wired mice don't compare to wireless for hardcore gamers.

Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Seraphim2150

I use an old G11 and an MX518. Love them but bought them when the price was slightly lower.

The MX518 is especially good

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't but wouldn't mind purchasing something. Then again, I just got a new PC and have been on a PC gamin hiatus for about 2 years so, give me some time....

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Hamst3r
    @Atramentous said:

Changing or charging your batteries every 3 months is too much work for you? Do you just throw out cellphones when the battery is dead so you dont have to charge it? "

Charging aside, there's still the issue of wireless being less responsive than wired as wireless data transmission is slow. It also gets slower the further away the mouse is from the receiver. Also, as the battery charge gets lower, the signal gets weaker and the mouse becomes even less responsive.

Wireless is great for casual computing. If you're wanting to game though, having the mouse get weaker over time can be annoying. :)

EDIT: wireless mice with charging stations are great as it keeps the charge up, though the distance and transmission problems still apply. :D
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Binman88 said:
    " I'm using a Microsoft Reclusa keyboard (apparently made by Razer), which I bought mainly for the backlight. It's meant to be a gaming keyboard, I think; there's extra buttons on it for media player shortcuts which are really handy. I guess they intend you to assign various tasks to these keys in game but I don't need 'em. I'm also using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. I guess this was a premium mouse in it's day. "

I have one of those, it's a bit bulky. but I like the knobs.. It's actually made by Microsoft and is designed by Razer. 
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By scarace360

i use a custom built mac keyboard with leds in it for gaming at 5 in the morning and i use a blue tooth mic for my head set

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By scarace360

o ya the keyboard is wireless

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.