Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Does anybody play laptop games on their couch?

sofakng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sofakng

I'm just wondering, but does anybody use a laptop on their couch to play games?

I have a big gaming desktop but it's down in the basement so I thought it might be nice to buy a small laptop for playing indie (or light) games on the couch so I can sit by my wife while we watch TV, etc.

Anyways, I've tried a Macbook Air (2013) and the trackpad is a bit annoying for me even though I'm only playing turn-based games and some indie stuff (FTL, etc). I've tried using a mouse on the couch as well but that also doesn't work.

Does anybody here use a laptop (without hooking it up to their TV) for gaming while on their couch?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

I use mine on the bed.

Get a piece of wood (like a shelf) that you can put a laptop and a mouse on and then you can use that laptop anywhere, on the couch on the bed or even in a bathtub.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nivash

I used to before my old laptop crapped out and I decided on upgrading the even older desktop rather then shelling out for yet another one. I bought a small cordless Logitech mouse and just put it on a really big and thick medical textbook. Worked surprisingly well for just about anything. Even managed to play some old FPS games like the original CoD.

I'm a compulsive multi-tasker so I tend to get bored by just watching TV with nothing else to do. I just use my tablet now though, plenty of good emulators on Android.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

used to till i lent it to a friend i had i really good mouse and my couch was flat and hard so it was fine to use, there are days i wish i had it back but i am still trying or for a better words still trying to get my lazy ass to fix his computer.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, "Laptop games"? I play Farcry 3 and Sleeping Dogs on my laptop on my couch, that count?

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
    zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MocBucket62

I do, I play Rome Total War Gold edition on my MacBook Pro.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

I personally can't STAND playing ANY pc games on a couch unless I'm using a controller.
    I hate using the trackpad on a laptop, and a mouse on a couch is just about the worst thing ever.

If I had to suggest something, though... I'm going to say FTL, since you're able to pause it and queue up commands.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Sometimes. I will usually put it on a coffee table or tray table and play with games with a controller.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have an M11x R3 that I use as my only gaming PC. I have something similar to @zombiesatemycereal that I put the laptop and wired mouse on while I sit on the couch. Plug the laptop into the television and I'm good to go.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I use mine on the bed.

Get a piece of wood (like a shelf) that you can put a laptop and a mouse on and then you can use that laptop anywhere, on the couch on the bed or even in a bathtub.

Bathtub you say? Madness! Sheer Madness! I usually put mine on a folding table and put on a movie if I'm taking a bath. that way it's not dangling over my bathtub but still safely within reach? Saying it out loud now feels like it isn't really any safer...

I too use mine in bed primarily.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.