Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Does the 360 chatpad work as a keyboard?

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like a lot of people I play PC games through my TV with a 360 pad. However whenever there is any kind of in-game chat I have to grab my wireless keyboard, the problem being where I sit is just barely within range so I tend to miss out letters. This leaves my responses looking like I had a fit at my keyboard.

I want to know if the 360's chat pad attachment will work as a secondary keyboard and allow me to chat to other players without putting down the pad?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

@giromindtricks: Just tested with DiRT 3 and even the Games for Windows Live interface in that, chat pad does not work with PC at all.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I think there was once a mod project to get it to work on PC. But you had to wade like three layers deep into the darkest bowels of your registry, plant a totem, sacrifice a loved one and that was just too much hassle for some half-assed support for that thing.

https://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver/

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's a shame. Guess I need a better wireless keyboard or choose a way of ignorance.

Thanks for the help anyway duders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.