Dx 12

#1 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

Just wondering is there any news on when it will come out and what features it will have?

#2 Edited by buft (3316 posts) -

Direct X will get an upgrade to 11.1 with windows 8 which adds support for stereoscopic 3d along with other tweaks. curious to know what you think is missing from 11 that you need to see an upgrade in the future.

edited because I made a typo and wrote windows 9

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

DX11 itself is still relatively new.... I don't see a upgrade to 12 for awhile.

#4 Posted by Xolare (1280 posts) -

I'll have to get a new Voodoo card at some point.

#5 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

While DX11 has been "out" for a while, you'll have to wait for the newer consoles to come out, developers to switch from dx9 workflow and pipelines to full on dx11, to see it being used at its full potential. 

#6 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

While DX11 has been "out" for a while, you'll have to wait for the newer consoles to come out, developers to switch from dx9 workflow and pipelines to full on dx11, to see it being used at its full potential.

Best answer so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.