Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Freeware Vid Recording Programs to use with GMod?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Anyone know of any good ones?

Snoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Snoopy

game cam and fraps are popular.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lunarbunny

xfire has a built-in one and it doesn't watermark, nor is there a time limit.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By Forcen
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Is it just me or does the Xfire recording software make videos whixh are huge in size?

I recorded for about 2 minutes, and it was 300MB  :o

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny
    DazbotAthertron said:
    "Is it just me or does the Xfire recording software make videos whixh are huge in size?

I recorded for about 2 minutes, and it was 300MB  :o"
    Video is huge, and I think xfire uses minimal real-time compression, trying to strike a balance between hard drive write speed and CPU utilization with a tendency to eat more hard drive speed than CPU. It has minimal options compared to more specialized software like Fraps.

I haven't used the WeGame recorder so I can't testify to its effectiveness or utility. The xfire recorder saves in a standard .avi container (not sure of the codec) that you can use in video editing software.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a link on youtube of a guy showing how to use Steam's built in recorder in source games so I was thinking I might use that, just have to use the Dev Console.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By VACkillers

i know its not what you want, but FRAPS really is the one to get.... all the freeware ones really aren't that great at all trust me i've used a few of them. Video captures record ALL videos in an un-compressed un-encoded "Raw" format, which makes the file sizes MASSIVE!
    You have to use video rendering programs such as Adobe Premier and Sony Vegas to encode them and make the file sizes smaller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.