Games for Windows live gamesave > Steam game?

#1 Edited by LtColJaxson (1137 posts) -

I was wondering if anyone knows if my GFWL gamesave of Fallout 3 can be transferred to the Steam version of Fallout 3 if I buy it? I've tried adding my disc version of the game to my computer, but it doesn't accept the code on Steam - I'm moving away from using discs for my games library so Steam is preferable.

If someone at least knows what the gamesave would be called for Fallout 3 in the programs folder?

*Edit: Or does the Steam version connect through GFWL?

#2 Edited by ikilledthedj (283 posts) -

They are patching out GFWL soon on most games arnt they?

C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves

Are you buying this again just so its in your steam library?

#3 Posted by ThunderSlash (1716 posts) -

Fallout 3 on Steam still uses GFWL I think.

#4 Posted by LtColJaxson (1137 posts) -

Yeah I was just buying it to add to my Steam library, but it also came with the DLC packs so 5 bucks is worth rebuying the whole game. Thanks Thunder, that means the gamesave will work - I think it saves into the same folder I already had too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.